New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started working for a high-end stereo shop in high school that lasted until I graduated college. (I worked there about 7 or 8 years; I was on the long term track at college lol). Anyway during that time I became very close to a German body shop guy who was 25 years my elder, a great person, mentor and friend. We spent a lot of time together at his shop as well as skiing in the Catskills. He was on the ski patrol at Hunter Mtn for 30 years. After college we parted ways. Saw him and his wife about 10 years ago by chance and reunited for a few hours.

I received an e-mail from his wife on Monday letting me know he passed after a long battle with Alzheimer's. I remember his daughter as a little girl. She now apparently has a 7 and 3 y/o of her own.

It goes by quickly. Don't lose touch with the ones you love.

Just my take on a PSA.

RIP Manny.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss, and truer words have never been spoken

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend. Very sad, indeed.

Over the years, I too, have lost some very good friends....I always think about them.

So true about what you said in your post...It always seems like the older we get, the only time we EVER get together with loved ones, friends, and family members, is at funerals. Which is really sad. That's not the way it should be. I "try" to keep in contact with as many friends & family members as I can. Of course, not daily, but, at least I make the effort, by emailing, making phone calls, skype, and sometimes visiting them...whenever I get some free time.

At least my Parents still live close by (Just a 15 min drive)...so, I always see them once a week.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I have always been able to track my life by my friends, had different groups of friends at different times. It's hard to keep in contact with everybody you've made friends with over the course of your life. Sad but true. I feel for your loss, as you get older, it happens more and more.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
At least my Parents still live close by (Just a 15 min drive)...so, I always see them once a week.
Stop over and see them every day! I live only 3 blocks from my parents, used to stop once or twice a week. Lost Mom in December and Dad this past weekend, wishing I had stopped over more often.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stop over and see them every day! I live only 3 blocks from my parents, used to stop once or twice a week. Lost Mom in December and Dad this past weekend, wishing I had stopped over more often.
Deepest condolences on your loss.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
It sure does...Sorry to hear about your friend cgrutt. And your parents thughes.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Wow...I'm truly sorry to hear about your losses. My deepest condolences to you and your family. I mean that.

And, yeah, you're absolutely right about that. I do spend time with my parents as much as I possibly can. It's hard with my job, but, I always make the effort to spend time with them.

My Mother has been ill for a while, now. She was diagnosed with M.S. back in the 80's. Symptoms were very mild back then...However, it's progressed to a real bad state, now....It's absolutely horrible to see a family member/loved one, going through this s***. Seeing my mother like this is just terrible. She was once a vibrant, happy, person...now, she's just a shell of her former self. Weak, frail, depressed, can't move...hard on the whole family.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts