New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read where a guy from Ticonderoga was making compliant pistol grips but can't remember where I read it. Can anyone help? I would like to contact him, pretty sure I read it here but could be mistaken. He was also looking for a company to help him bring them to market. I thought I bookmarked it but its gone. Help

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I read where a guy from Ticonderoga was making compliant pistol grips but can't remember where I read it. Can anyone help? I would like to contact him, pretty sure I read it here but could be mistaken. He was also looking for a company to help him bring them to market. I thought I bookmarked it but its gone. Help
Mark I am assuming its for an AR and is called the AR-15 Receiver spur The AR-15 Receiver Spur - Home
He's not in Ticonderoga but pretty sure this is who you are talking about. If this is what you were talking about a Mod should move to AR-15 thread.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you. As I said in my pm msg you've made my day bud! This is not the guy I was looking for but it is the reason why I was looking for him. I was hoping I could get him to make me a legal grip that would fit the Sig 556 rifles. Now with this link it says this "spur" is considered legal I can skip all that and just modify my original grip. Thanks for this link bro, you make my day, no, year. This was the only thing that stood in the way of not registering my Sig. Did I say thank you? LOL And Yes I read the faq section and it is not approved but I don't see how it can not be. It does not fit the definition of a pistol grip as NYS safe act defines it.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This may be the only way Sig 556 and other similar Sig models will be able to become compliant. Until someone makes a grip that bolts up to their rifles this looks like the ticket. I'm not happy about having to do this crap but at least I have something I can do now that isn't god awful ugly. I can live with it. Now to overturn this stupid gun stealing law.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.