New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three 20-year-old programmers build a working Obamacare website in just days (which is more than the government can do) | Mail Online

"While the Obamacare website still remains broken, three 20-year-old programmers have shown the government how it should be done.
Ning Liang, George Kalogeropoulos and Michael Wasser developed a site in matter of days - and it does things the expensive and faltering healthcare.gov can't do.
From a San Francisco office the men have built HealthSherpa.com, which presents the Affordable Health Care Act data in a much simpler way to the government website."

Too bad they didn't go to school with Michelle.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Lol.... that's funny doc... and they spent nearly 700 million tax dollars too..

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Is it true that they didnt even have a bidding process for the contract to make the website and just gave it to Michelles buddy from college who is in Canada?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Hell if you give me 700 million dollars I'll get a team together and win the Super Bowl.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
I know this is off topic but here is a legal question. The fact that the Obama administration is choosing not to enforce the Business requirement of the law but is going to enforce the individual madate requirement could one argue selective enforcement and not be required to get the mandated insurance?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Is it true that they didnt even have a bidding process for the contract to make the website and just gave it to Michelles buddy from college who is in Canada?
Yep.

I think anyone who knows anything about programming, or business for that matter, knows that $700 Million is a ridiculous amount to get a program like this up and running.

It's pretty obvious to me that they did not contract the "lowest" bidder for the job because there are many other companies out there that could have done a much better job for much less.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Obamacare is clearly just a way to further bankrupt america and crush the middle class. 700 million could buy healthcare under the old system for every american for the rest of their lives. It could give every man woman child in this country 2 million each and still have 100 million left over. That is the insanity and vast amount of money spent.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Obamacare is clearly just a way to further bankrupt america and crush the middle class. 700 million could buy healthcare under the old system for every american for the rest of their lives. It could give every man woman child in this country 2 million each and still have 100 million left over. That is the insanity and vast amount of money spent.
I've seen these figures posted elsewhere and I'm confused. $700 million, 314 million people. Isn't that just over $2 per person? Where's the $2 million per person come from? What am I missing?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
True, a vast amount, but.....

$700M(spent)/315M(population) = $2.22 per person

It's still a boatload of money to spend in one place.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Yep.

I think anyone who knows anything about programming, or business for that matter, knows that $700 Million is a ridiculous amount to get a program like this up and running.

It's pretty obvious to me that they did not contract the "lowest" bidder for the job because there are many other companies out there that could have done a much better job for much less.
Hey don't forget they had to pay extra so the d*mn thing wouldn't work !!

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Hey don't forget they had to pay extra so the d*mn thing wouldn't work !!
Bingo!
If Obamacare works then there would be no need for a single payer system (which is their ultimate goal). The ACA is designed to overload and create havoc within the health care system. It's merely a stepping stone to single payer.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Duh, my math skills must of went up in smoke a long time ago. I want my 2 dollars.
LOL, no worries. It's funny though, because I've seen that same thing posted online many times. And I certainly agree that $700 million was a colossal waste of taxpayer money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts