New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Really dark video but it almost seemed liek the victim was wlaking away, or at least not coming closer. I really think this guy went looking to shoot.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really sure. He might have been taping it to show how loud the party was. It looks like a truck pulled up to him on the street and that's when things went down hill. It was one man with numerous drunks around. I'm not sure how I feel about this one.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
It's tough to say. It seems like he shot the person and wasn't directly in harms way. Could he have been in a few minutes? Sure, but I don't think he was at the time.

On a side note... Why would you directly confront a group of drunk people? And why wouldn't you just ask them to turn it down, then high tail it out of there when the situation started to get a little heated? It may have been legal to do (just like Zimmerman following Martin), but it definitely isn't the wisest course of action.

·
Registered
754 Posts
He went out to document the noise.
They showed up, 3 v 1 (disparity of force, and ability), and threatened him (jeopardy).
He told them to back off. He feared for his safety.
They assaulted him (opportunity)
Deadly force was absolutely justified.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
They threatened to shoot him and that random maniacal laughter as they (as it sounds) ran at him was enough to creep me out and I wasn't even there, I think, as long as he didn't cross onto their property, he was justified.

·
5,143 Posts
I didn't have any sound while the video was playing, so I may have missed it. How did they assault him?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Im not sure, but it sounded like some one was charging at him right before the gunshot. Also looked like he was backing up just before that as well. I clearly heard the other parties threaten him, and he did repeatedly warn them to stay away from him. If indeed, someone was charging at him, it may be justified.

·
Registered
52 Posts
He went out to document the noise.
They showed up, 3 v 1 (disparity of force, and ability), and threatened him (jeopardy).
He told them to back off. He feared for his safety.
Deadly force was absolutely justified.
I agree

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I didn't have any sound while the video was playing, so I may have missed it. How did they assault him?
you can here the man with the camera (clearly shaken and nervous, panic in his voice) say to back off about a dozen times, tell them he is afraid and he will defend himself and then at the very end when it seems they were parting ways and he was going to go home it sounds as if one of the guys that came out to confront him charged him laughing like a maniac, off to the right of the camera right before the first gunshot is heard, and then the video goes dead. Listen to it with sound when you get a chance the cameraman's voice and the threatening tones of the drunks cast a very different picture then just the images, especially the ending bit.

·
5,143 Posts
Didn't he shoot the guy that was just standing there though? He didn't shoot the person charging at him did he? If he shot the person charging at him, that makes sense, and may be justifiable. I'll have to watch the video with sound when I get home I guess.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
If I remember right he shot all 3 of them only 1 of them died.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have to respectfully disagree with the majority of you. I am all for defending ones self, not retreating in the face of danger, etc. But to me, it looked like he went looking for a fight. If it was a noise complaint, let the cops earn their money and deal with it. When you pull a gun on somebody and threaten them, in this case to me its a clear and intentional, unnecessary, escalation. This had nothing to do with stand your ground, I believe it was a, I GOT A POINT TO PROVE, AND I WILL KILL SOMEBODY TO DO IT. Feel free to disagree with me, but with the evidence I see, and if I was on that jury I'd find guilty of 1st degree, premeditated murder.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts