New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently bought a sig sp2022
i like the fun just think it's a little big for cc for me ( I'm a skinny guy)
Things that aren't my favorite about it is the high bore axis
basically the sight picture
having to aim high on my target
And the hold on the pistol
what is everyone's thought on trading it towards a glock 27
I was at the dealer Told me pinky extensions for the glock
i know everyone is going to have opinions but what would u do ?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I'd keep the Sig and put the Glock on lay-away. Most gun shops and pawn shops have a 25% to 33% down payment and either a sixty or ninty day pay off time. Or you can buy from one of the Pawn Shops through PHC Jewelry & Pawn with 10% down and 10% a month. They have several shops in their network, one of them should have what you want.

I have six guns on lay-away right now and another one I gave the guy $225 down and will pay him the other half when we hook up. When these get paid off I'll be looking for the next round to put on lay-away, I ussally have atleast two on lay-away at all times. When I see something I like at a decent price and I can work out the pay off I jump on them.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was figuring put it up on here and see what everyone's interest is . But the layaway idea sounds really good

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I'm not a glock guy, so I wouldn't be in with the idea of a 27.

I'm also a Sig and M&P guy... so this is totally bias.

However I would probably agree the Sig is too big for CC for some people, I don't carry my 228 for that reason. I do however have an M&P 9c for edc.

I want to pickup a 9mm shield with no safety however because it is getting hot here in FL, but I do still carry my 9c.... however something skinny like the shield is welcomed.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am the opposite. I bought a Glock 19 for my first gun and regretted it. I later bought a Sig and fell in love with it. Sigs are beautiful guns, in comparison to Glocks. I would absolutely not trade a Sig for a Glock.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I was figuring put it up on here and see what everyone's interest is . But the layaway idea sounds really good
Check out these places for something you might want, 10% down & 10% a month. I've bought several guns from them.

Dan's Discount Jewelry

Just click on to the different Pawn Shops and see what they have.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well just put a 100 rounds through the sig and im not satisfied at all
from about 15 yards i had to aim into the 8 in order to hit red center
im thinking about changing out the sights to a lower profile in order to not aim so high but idk
not looking too good a glock is looking more likely

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I believe Sig uses a less common sight picture at the factory - they adjust the sights so that the center of the front dot covers the target at 25y. I suspect most people prefer a 6 oclock hold - the top of the front sight blade sits right below the POI.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
what you need to do is get to a gun shop and handle a few different handguns to see what feels best in your hands. ensure the firearm is empty, locate a safe direction, close your eyes and point the firearm, then open your eyes and see how your natural point of aim is with it.

i like glocks, id recommend the 19.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
They are very different guns. I think you need to start with whether you want a TDA (DA/SA) gun or a striker-fired gun. If the hammer-fired gun with its DA/SA transition is working well for you, you can do solid 2-3 shot pairs without getting slowed down, and you aren't forgetting to decock under stress, then stick with the Sig. Perhaps find something like a P224 if the size is too much, but don't necessarily change systems.

If you want to move to a constant action gun, the Glock is a great choice. I find the subcompact Glocks a bit too small, the compact (Glock 23 in this case, since you seem to want .40) is just right. For most people it is just enough to get your whole hand on without being any taller. Even with the pinky extension, sometimes your fingers get pinched in there, and your palm WILL get pinched during a combat reload at SOME point.

Both guns are good, its about finding what is right for you. Neither gun is particularly difficult to find, so I wouldn't lose any sleep if you sell the Sig and then want it back.

·
Registered
649 Posts
well just put a 100 rounds through the sig and im not satisfied at all
from about 15 yards i had to aim into the 8 in order to hit red center
im thinking about changing out the sights to a lower profile in order to not aim so high but idk
not looking too good a glock is looking more likely
I'm not pushing you either way, but I want to propose the possibility of you making the decision on the sig too early. 100 rounds are not nearly enough to learn the gun nor get proficient. And if the sighting issue really is a problem with the gun, (i.e. not caused by you) then you can install different height front sight to fix that.

A question, are you getting a good group ? Also, if you are having issue with a DA, a lighter main spring might help. Sigs usually have stronger main spring than really necessary. (ensures ignition with tough primers !?)

But then, after all said and done, if you think the gun is too big, then I guess you need to go smaller. G19 perhaps, I don't know if I'd go to sub-compact 26/27, unless if the only thing you are doing is CCW.

Ken.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We'll went into the local gun shop where I bought my Taurus judge from
brought the gun in and he took a look at it and looked up the book
After spending the past couple days in gun shops looking around and checking prices
he was my final stop
he had a glock 29sf 10mm auto
picked the gun up closed my eyes and got a feel for the gun
disassembled and took a look at it
after taking some life stories
I decided that was the gun
he was nice enough to do a straight trade and told me he was loosing some money but would like to keep
me as a customer and appreciated my military service
he also threw in a box of 50rds
real good guy told me to keep my gun till the amendment went through
and that if I shot it in the mean time he didn't mind because he knew I took care of my guns
thanks to everyone for the advice
today was a good day in my book

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Nice gun shop there, Let us know how the 29- 10mm works out for you. A couple of weeks ago I traded a SP101 for a full size10mm Glock 20. Haven't bought any ammo for it yet so I haven't shot it yet. I need to pick up ammo before the weekend so I can try it out. Out here in Washington State 10mm is a hit & miss ammo. Last Friday only one local gun shop had some, it was 20 rounds of Buffalo Bore for $29.99 & tax. I'll check a couple of places tomorrow morning, definatly time to pick up the reloading stuff. I have $500 saved up for reloading so far. I'm looking at the Hornady set up for $479.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice gun shop there, Let us know how the 29- 10mm works out for you. A couple of weeks ago I traded a SP101 for a full size10mm Glock 20. Haven't bought any ammo for it yet so I haven't shot it yet. I need to pick up ammo before the weekend so I can try it out. Out here in Washington State 10mm is a hit & miss ammo. Last Friday only one local gun shop had some, it was 20 rounds of Buffalo Bore for $29.99 & tax. I'll check a couple of places tomorrow morning, definatly time to pick up the reloading stuff. I have $500 saved up for reloading so far. I'm looking at the Hornady set up for $479.
That's my next route considering that the rounds are hard to come by in some places
also I'm considering getting another glock if I like this one in a more common size like 40 or 45 that way I can run to the store or buy in bulk easier
the 10mm will be my cc

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
That's my next route considering that the rounds are hard to come by in some places
also I'm considering getting another glock if I like this one in a more common size like 40 or 45 that way I can run to the store or buy in bulk easier
the 10mm will be my cc
Well, I'd actually never recommend a 10mm to anyone who isn't a reloader for a wide variety of reasons. (I have no idea if you are but I'm guessing not just based on some posts) However, the nice thing about your new 10mm glock is that to accomplish what you want you don't need to buy a second gun (not that I'm saying you shouldn't if that's what you want to do) because you can simply buy a conversion barrel for .40S&W that will work in just fine. Especially if money is an issue, a Lone Wolf conversion barrel will run you only ~$125 after shipping, or a KKM for probably ~$175(some claim higher quality, I don't personally know firsthand). Certainly a more affordable option and nothing more than a barrel swap (and although the 10mm mags will likely work, maybe use G22 mags for reliability) to change calibers.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts