New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just changed the cards in our trail cams, lets just say we were surprised with what walked through yesterday morning, haha.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Nice rack. Is that in the clifton springs area?

·
Super Moderator
3,228 Posts
That's quite the gang of guys there. Good luck this season.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is pretty unusual for us. Its been slim pickings for years, then two years ago we harvest a 10 point, last year we took 6 deer, and then this year we see this, haha.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Wow! Some seriousness going on with those boys. Must've been eating good somewhere! I bet some farmer is PISSED! But good luck to you though!

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Our local farmer was nice enough to plant soy beans in the two fields next to us, the deer love it, and unlike corn, you can actually see them while they're in there.

This might finally push me to buy a bow...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hate to say it, but don't count your backstraps just yet! Seeing them on camera this early and tagging them in the fall are 2 different things.

Although I will say the 1 year I had a number of nice bucks on camera in my backyard, I tagged a 20" inside spread 10 pointer on opening day of gun. Which I had NOT seen on film. Never saw the other 2-3 decent bucks, including a huge tined and wide 7 pointer. You never know.

Get your bow.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Our local farmer was nice enough to plant soy beans in the two fields next to us, the deer love it, and unlike corn, you can actually see them while they're in there.

This might finally push me to buy a bow...
Same deal where I live. Farmer put in soy beans this year in the 40+ acre field surrounding my house. We see anywhere from 20-30 deer, both bucks and doe's, near the edge of the field by the woods every morning and evening. I often see smaller herds of 4-6 deer walking out there in broad daylight for an afternoon snack as well. I should be able to park in the stand right on the edge of the woods behind my house and have a venison buffet to choose from throughout the day. LOL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts