1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Man that was ballsy lol. Personally if I would deny a search or something like that I would atleast try to be more social-able. The only thing I can see myself possibly denying a LEO would be a search of myself or vehicle. That guy was smart though not to give his name though and I never thought about it. I bet here in NYS if someone refused to consent to a search and police wrote a report that could come back to bite them if they went for their CCW permit even though they were within their rights to refuse such search.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
I think the reason for the lack of a sociable demeanor that's common in these types of videos are not intentional, but the result of being afraid.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Man that was ballsy lol. Personally if I would deny a search or something like that I would atleast try to be more social-able. The only thing I can see myself possibly denying a LEO would be a search of myself or vehicle. That guy was smart though not to give his name though and I never thought about it. I bet here in NYS if someone refused to consent to a search and police wrote a report that could come back to bite them if they went for their CCW permit even though they were within their rights to refuse such search.
This^^^^^.

We know the officer is wrong. He is doing a job (albeit not well) He is making a mistake. We all make mistakes on our jobs.

I have had dealings with courts and LEO. A friendly tone and remembering that these guys are sharing the same rock as us goes a long way.

IMO, the guy carrying is ready for war (and may be looking for it.). You will get what you are looking for in this life.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Again, I think it's due to him being nervous. It's not like he's just standing about having a pleasant conversation about baked beans with the officer. He's challenging the officer's authority, a man who has the power to do harmful and expensive things to him. His heart was probably racing and the adrenaline was kicking in. It's difficult to be Mr. Rogers in that sort of tense situation.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
I agree that the guys voice was that way from being nervous. What I mean about being more social-able is telling the officer that I am not trying to be a dick, or give him a hard time and understand he is trying to do his job and that me not consenting is nothing personal against him but that I am doing nothing wrong. I have found that when in confrontation like that (When I was in security forces dealing with non compliant people at a non physical level) just talking about where both sides are coming from a mutual understanding can be had and things dont get out of control if both people refuse to budge.

I think the demeanor of the officer in the video was good and happy to see that he remained calm and waited for his supervisor. I have no issue that the guys pistol was taken temporarily and given back and think it was great that they listened to the guy and let him go.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
I don't know, these guys stroll around open carrying just to get confronted on video. That didn't work very well for the Starbucks crowd in Mexifornia, all they accomplished is legislation against open carry. Pick your fights well or the results will be counter productive.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't know, these guys stroll around open carrying just to get confronted on video. That didn't work very well for the Starbucks crowd in Mexifornia, all they accomplished is legislation against open carry. Pick your fights well or the results will be counter productive.
This^^^ He got a great youtube vid out of it and slaps on the back from the bomb-throwers, but really. Did he make any friends? No, he showed somebody up just so he could flaunt the fact that his masters have graciously granted him the "right" of OC. Citizens and slaves both have rights.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
So we shouldn't stand up for our rights, or exercise them? It always blows my mind to hear these type of attitudes on gun forums.

It's like "THEY'RE OUR RIGHTS...unless they're challenged by the police."

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
These video's have been around for quite a while now, new actors, same message. Although I do find it entertaining and I give them credit for brass balls, I don't know what their end goals are and feel drawing attention to something that's already legal makes no sense to me. I'm willing to bet most (if not all) of Maine's gun owners know it's legal. Most of Maine's Liberal/Progressive/moonbats do not and may never even think about it until it's rubbed in their faces via youtube. We all know the squeaky wheel gets the grease, guess who the squeakiest wheels are.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
The guy (making the video) needs to do less legal research & get laid once in a while!

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
This is why we will continue to lose our rights in this country. There's too much support for having them ripped away and too much ridicule for those who stand up to tyrants.

That's the last I have to say about that.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
This is why we will continue to lose our rights in this country. There's too much support for having them ripped away and too much ridicule for those who stand up to tyrants.
Shirley you must be joking. That cop was no tyrant, he was a guy trying to do his job.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
It's his job to stop crime and enforce the law. The guy wasn't breaking any laws. He was not doing his job.

BTW, I wasn't calling that particular cop a tyrant, I'm just speaking in a generality.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If someone complained because there was a man walking down the street with a gun, he has a duty to investigate - that's his job. IMHO it's not unreasonable for him to verify the identity of the individual, after all if he was a felon then there would be a crime and he would be enforcing the law. If not, ok have a nice day, thank you for your time and understanding. He wasn't attempting to strip anyone of their rights.

Unfortunately you get these smart asses with their video cameras and they don't make ANYONE look good.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I have to agree with temporary on this one. I think the problem is we have too FEW people in this country standing up for their rights and too many worrying about getting laid. Gonna be hard to get laid when the government makes you purchase a "Sexual intercourse permit" and puts administrative restrictions of "foreplay, oral and missionary" only on it. :(

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yup, the cop was decent, level headed, and nice enough to let him go after the cop had stopped him for an illegal reason.
I don't blame the cop, I blame the training the cop received. The cop did well with what he was given, but what he was given was a pile of steaming crap.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.