New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my first Glock this morning, a gen 3 model 23. I've always loved this size frame of glock. I'm more of a 9mm guy but I plan on just dropping a conversion barrel and I'll carry it that way. Might as well get one for .357sig also, 3 calibers for around 700 bucks, not too shabby. Now all I need to do is get a few 23 and 19 preban magazines so chill out next time LDD puts up an ad you jackals! I can never get to the computer fast enough!

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
As long as you're at it you should just round it out and buy an AA kit and add .22lr. Cheap to shoot and fits all the same holsters.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Picked up my first Glock this morning, a gen 3 model 23. I've always loved this size frame of glock. I'm more of a 9mm guy but I plan on just dropping a conversion barrel and I'll carry it that way. Might as well get one for .357sig also, 3 calibers for around 700 bucks, not too shabby. Now all I need to do is get a few 23 and 19 preban magazines so chill out next time LDD puts up an ad you jackals! I can never get to the computer fast enough!
Smart move. Glock = The ak of the pistols.
You will find the 23 with heavy loads is a great shooter if you didn't try one already. No need for multiple calibers really but done that anyway. LOL!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
You can convert between .40 and 9mm? o_O. I thought it was just .40S&W and .357Sig.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
They say 40 to 9mm too that is not a good idea as the ejector is not the same. Lots of people have FTE problems. not worty.
The 357 sig is a no brainer but at he same time one might need a larger barrel to enjoy all the round has to offer. It is all
about speed. I use full frame for that one.

One question, if you convert one single pistol to all those calibers do you need to update your permit? Lets say you carry
your Glock 23 with the .357 SIG barrel and ammo of course. ???

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i converted my 9mm to 40 s&w. just changed the upper and ejector. and mag of course. the 9mm ejector is slighty bent and the 40 is straight. you can only do that on 3 pin Glocks though. gen 3 or newer. the gen 3 23 and 19 frames are exactly the same except that ejector. i now wear the 9mm ejector around my neck on a dog tag chain!

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb370/oldetymehc/IMG_4238.jpg

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
They say 40 to 9mm too that is not a good idea as the ejector is not the same. Lots of people have FTE problems. not worty.
The 357 sig is a no brainer but at he same time one might need a larger barrel to enjoy all the round has to offer. It is all
about speed. I use full frame for that one.

One question, if you convert one single pistol to all those calibers do you need to update your permit? Lets say you carry
your Glock 23 with the .357 SIG barrel and ammo of course. ???
You need to amend your permit for that gun either to all calibers you are planning to shoot or in my county they change it to "multi cal" on weapons card.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
You need to amend your permit for that gun either to all calibers you are planning to shoot or in my county they change it to "multi cal" on weapons card.
Many Thanks! ...I guess I need to ask the clerk's office to add a couple. I do not carry anyway but you never know.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
A barrel is not a pistol. If I order a .357 barrel for a G22, G23, or G27 I see no need to add to a permit. A barrel does not have a serial number (that I am aware of). If I don't need a permit to buy it, I'm not adding it! I will ask the permit office in my county though. I'm sure they will want the $3 per barrel haha

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
A barrel is not a pistol. If I order a .357 barrel for a G22, G23, or G27 I see no need to add to a permit. A barrel does not have a serial number (that I am aware of). If I don't need a permit to buy it, I'm not adding it! I will ask the permit office in my county though...
glock barrels have serial numbers but it's the "gun's" serial number so......unless it's a replacement upper like mine then it does have it's own serial number

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
A barrel is not a pistol. If I order a .357 barrel for a G22, G23, or G27 I see no need to add to a permit. A barrel does not have a serial number (that I am aware of). If I don't need a permit to buy it, I'm not adding it! I will ask the permit office in my county though. I'm sure they will want the $3 per barrel haha
If you do not carry an alternative caliber in the same pistol I don't thin there is a worry. Better ask. Better $3 than $300K in lawyer fees.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
if you want the mags, make sure you have notifications set to e-mail you... LDD PM's everyone "on the list" as the post goes up. And, he's west coast time, so 11pm here is only 8 there, thus, us night owls will see faster.

I tried to find you thru roclife last time, so if you want, PM me your cell # and i'll text when they pop up

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
If you do not carry an alternative caliber in the same pistol I don't thin there is a worry. Better ask. Better $3 than $300K in lawyer fees.
I hear you. The only reason I have the barrel is for range fun. I might have to make a trip the the permit office again. What a pain in the as$ that is. Ends up being a 2 hour lunch!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Meh I'm not sure about that. The lower is considered the firearm so I don't know why you would have to deal with the clerks when you've not altered the lower. Although I'm no lawyer... Nor do I play one on tv.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts