New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been studying firearm laws for NYS for about a day or two. I'm still somewhat confused about the laws. I have read the FAQs here (which were very informative, thank you to whoever wrote them.) Yet, I still have a few questions I need to ask to be able to confirm the legality of certain firearms I am looking at. Hopefully when I decide to purchase these firearms this ban will be repealed, but let's not get our hopes up. Anyway, here are my questions.

Questions:

Q1: It is legal to own a semi-automatic rifle with one of the things in the list provided in the FAQ, right? (Hoping they didn't change it to one, just confirming.)

Q2: Where can I buy pre-ban magazines? Or are most magazines not dated in the first place? I read the magazine FAQ and the blog post but it was a bit confusing.

Thanks in advance!

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
you can own a semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and 1 "evil" feature and be legal.

You can find pre ban magazines online, also some gun shops have them for sale as well. usually mags are dated on the outside of the body or on the inside of the body. A lot of prebans though dont have any dates.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Use the search function for question #1 and Look in the for sale section for dated mags for question #2.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
you can own a semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and 1 "evil" feature and be legal.

You can find pre ban magazines online, also some gun shops have them for sale as well. usually mags are dated on the outside of the body or on the inside of the body. A lot of prebans though dont have any dates.
You beat me to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts