New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a .22 for a number of reasons. I just recently picked up a 1911 and would like to shoot more for practice, and need to find something a little cheaper than a .45 cartridge.

More importantly I'm really trying to get my wife into shooting. I have a LC9 which she isn't really a fan of (the trigger pull is a little long for her) and I have a feeling the recoil from a .45 is really going to turn her off. If I can ease her in with a .22 I think I may have a chance.

At the same time I think I would like to be able to use it for CC as well. I tried the Sig Mosquito and was not a fan of the trigger pull but was looking at the possibility of the Beretta bobcat.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
687 Posts
Check out the Berreta Neo. I love it . very accurate and my daughter can handle it very easily. You can even purchase different barrel lengths for it. I has a 6" but an dlooking to buy a 4" also,. about $100 for a barrel. Gun is $279

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
+1 on the Beretta Neos. I have one and I shoot awesome with it. Feeds any type of ammo. Not picky at all.

And it's made in the USA

·
Registered
148 Posts
A friend of mine had a GSG 1911 .22. A fraction of the cost of some other gun brands to buy, and he had several thousand rounds through it with few problems. He mostly only had a few stove pipes when the gun was good and dirty.
I have a Taurus .22 mag. revolver that is lots of fun.

For CCW I'd recommend something with a little more power, but that's just my humble opinion.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
My CCW is my Rock island 1911 compact but I just want the option to carry it if I can. Sorry Temporaryscars, no MarkII for me. Looks beautiful though.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Accuracy wise, it is VERY hard to beat a MK II or III. They are excellent firearms.

I have a S&W 22a. It's accurate, fun to shoot, and I have had no problems with it. I haven't had anyone stovepipe a round either, which is fairly common with .22s. The slide is pretty light. I would recommend the 22a. And, it comes in camouflage. I use it to squirrel hunt in the fall. It's not concealable though.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Accuracy wise, it is VERY hard to beat a MK II or III. They are excellent firearms.

I have a S&W 22a. It's accurate, fun to shoot, and I have had no problems with it. I haven't had anyone stovepipe a round either, which is fairly common with .22s. The slide is pretty light. I would recommend the 22a. And, it comes in camouflage. I use it to squirrel hunt in the fall. It's not concealable though.
+1 for the S&W 22A

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
My CCW is my Rock island 1911 compact but I just want the option to carry it if I can. Sorry Temporaryscars, no MarkII for me. Looks beautiful though.
There are some very good 1911 .22s on the market. Since you will be carrying a 1911 I would suggest that you buy one in .22 caliber this will help you achieve and retain muscle memory when it comes to controls and sight alignment when bringing the pistol to bear.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
There are some very good 1911 .22s on the market. Since you will be carrying a 1911 I would suggest that you buy one in .22 caliber this will help you achieve and retain muscle memory when it comes to controls and sight alignment when bringing the pistol to bear.
Good call. Trying to keep budget down until I sell the lc9. Any other suggestions besides the GSG?

·
Registered
8,557 Posts

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
I like my Neos too, although it is homely IMO with that arched cutout under the rail, it's a great shooter.

·
Registered
96 Posts
All good suggestions, and I will add my preference of Browning Buckmark. More accurate than my capabilities. A bit more costly, but high quality.
I can't list one for sale here yet, but I do have one that will be soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts