New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PREFACE: My neighbors were NOT involved in any way. They actually told me what happened. Apparently some poor soul hung him/herself in the wooded/swampy area behind their house.

R.I.P. whoever you are.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Did the person live nearby?

Sorry you had to see that. :/

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did the person live nearby?

Sorry you had to see that. :/
I spoke to my neighbor briefly to make sure everyone was ok. So no one was harmed in their household and no one knows who it is at this time.

I'm good, bro. Thanks for the concern.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
When I saw the headline, I had all sorts of smartass remarks.

When I read the message, they all went away.

Sorry for whomever passed, and I'm sorry for all of the drama inflicted on your neighborhood.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I saw the headline, I had all sorts of smartass remarks.

When I read the message, they all went away.

Sorry for whomever passed, and I'm sorry for all of the drama inflicted on your neighborhood.
Death has a tendency to do that.

Remarkably, only 3 of us on the corner showed any concern. Me and my other neighbor were just stunned that there wasn't any more presence there from other neighbors. I feel bad for the NEW neighbors that just moved in yesterday and the area was also located behind their house.

Sad day for several reasons.. only one is due to the death of someone who though the world to be so awful that death would be better.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Death has a tendency to do that.

Remarkably, only 3 of us on the corner showed any concern. Me and my other neighbor were just stunned that there wasn't any more presence there from other neighbors. I feel bad for the NEW neighbors that just moved in yesterday and the area was also located behind their house.

Sad day for several reasons.. only one is due to the death of someone who though the world to be so awful that death would be better.
Could there possibly be foul play?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Could there possibly be foul play?
There were a lot of investigators walking around but there really wasn't a whole lot of commotion. I don't know anything about it really, but judging by the distinct LACK of police presence, I'd say it will be recorded as a suicide.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Usually you would have heard this on the news by now, I am surprised it's not. I am also curious as to where this was.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where abouts is this? I remember a body being found on a street over from me.
Just down the street a bit from the Citgo on 57.. in the wooded area across the street. Dude, if you live that close to me, I'm closing my blinds ..lol.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Hope he/she did not have kids.

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
Sad thing is when someone doesn't have family/friends to turn to, or even worse, when they do, but think they don't. My cousin committed suicide last month. RIP, both of them.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
suicide due to depression, etc.. is a horrible thing. it really is sad when someone feels that is the only option. just about everything is a temporary situation, and its always easier on the other side of it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts