New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my truck due to needing a more "practical" vehicle for my family right now (darn extended cabs just can't carry 2 car seats, the wife, and the dog). This morning, the buyers stopped to make payment on it and get the paperwork to do the DMV dance. I think the buyers are two of the nicest people I've ever met, which makes it slightly easier to see my truck go.

My wife texted me to call her when I had a chance, so I call right away. She informs me that along with the money for the truck, the wife of the couple knitted a hat for our soon to be son, and gave us an extra $100 for him. This blew me away.

On top of that, I came across this video today, and it really hit home: there is still good in this world, you just have to open your eyes and see past all the negatives that we see so clearly every day.

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
that's awesome, I had literally the exact opposite experience when I sold my last truck. dude even tried taking me to small claims court. ugh.
but there are great people out there and I'm pumped you had such an experience and that's an awesome video!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
That's a nice guy in that video it's pretty cool what he did people like this make me think their is hope for humanity after all. Yes their definitely are still nice people out there and congratulations on the addition to your family.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i love reading things like this... it makes my day better

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice! This came at a perfect time. My hope for humanity has been at an all time low. Congrats on the sale (and the family).

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I think that the majority of people are nice good people. That means that they generally mind their own business, but the *******s of the world try to make everyone's business their own, and try to take whatever they can from anyone they think they can get it from, so even though they are a small minority you are more likely to run into them.

·
Registered
754 Posts
About a year ago there was a young white guy on the subway. He said he was in the middle east, 2 tours, was homeless, struggling, looking for a job, and his va assistance was expiring or something, and just needed anything to get through the next 2 weeks. I gave him $20. He asked me if I was a marine (i have that look). Of course, I said no, but I have friends in the military. Anyway, fast forward about 6 months. Same dude walks into the subway, starts his speech, gets about half way through, then notices me. He stops, and gets off the next stop. I was so freaking mad.

·
Registered
430 Posts
About a year ago there was a young white guy on the subway. He said he was in the middle east, 2 tours, was homeless, struggling, looking for a job, and his va assistance was expiring or something, and just needed anything to get through the next 2 weeks. I gave him $20. He asked me if I was a marine (i have that look). Of course, I said no, but I have friends in the military. Anyway, fast forward about 6 months. Same dude walks into the subway, starts his speech, gets about half way through, then notices me. He stops, and gets off the next stop. I was so freaking mad.
Dont worry man he will get his. Wish i could give him "his" too.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
You gave money to the guy. That makes you one of the good people. Whether or not the guy is honest and what he does with the money is on him and his conscience.

Did anyone else hear a story from a while back about a pro golfer who gave money to someone that the media discovered was lying to him? I can't seem to find the story on the internet, but his response was (supposedly) great.

The story I heard is that some pro golfer got a sob story from a woman who claimed to be a single mom struggling to put food on the table for her child. The golfer cut the woman a generous check right on the spot. The media heard about the story and discovered that the woman was actually lying and had conned the golfer. A reporter asked the golfer about it in an interview and asked if he was mad at the woman. The golfer responded something like "Mad, heavens no. It's great news that the woman isn't struggling to feed her child."

No idea if it was a real story or something someone made up.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Good timing Camper. I needed a little boost on the human race. I've been feeling like all I see is the negative lately.
I try to be a good person and do the right thing but yeah sometimes I feel alone.
Just last Sunday I was walking the dog and I found a really nice digital camera on the grass. It was a $300 waterproof camera which made it even more difficult as I kayak a lot. So I took a look at the pictures on the camera and saw that there were a bunch of pictures from the wedding that happened just down the street the prior night. So I brought the camera back and got a pathetic "Thanks". I mean pathetic in the way they said thanks not that they said thanks. I wasn't looking for money or anything my reward was going to be bringing back an expensive camera and seeing the look on their face when they got the irreplaceable photos. I didn't get my look. UGG! :rant

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Good timing Camper. I needed a little boost on the human race. I've been feeling like all I see is the negative lately.
I try to be a good person and do the right thing but yeah sometimes I feel alone.
Just last Sunday I was walking the dog and I found a really nice digital camera on the grass. It was a $300 waterproof camera which made it even more difficult as I kayak a lot. So I took a look at the pictures on the camera and saw that there were a bunch of pictures from the wedding that happened just down the street the prior night. So I brought the camera back and got a pathetic "Thanks". I mean pathetic in the way they said thanks not that they said thanks. I wasn't looking for money or anything my reward was going to be bringing back an expensive camera and seeing the look on their face when they got the irreplaceable photos. I didn't get my look. UGG! :rant
Too bad you didn't snap a picture of your junk for them to see along with the wedding photos. That probably would have put a look on their face.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Too bad you didn't snap a picture of your junk for them to see along with the wedding photos. That probably would have put a look on their face.
:rofl:. Dr we have very similar brains. lol I thought that exact thought 10 minutes after I gave it back.

·
Registered
391 Posts
A great video. Why everyone should give even a $1 to those asking.
It is sad that there are people who scam like mentioned above, but karma and a good deed always come full circle.
We all are good people, sometimes get side tracked and lose focus, but charity even in the smallest amount can make things better for all.

thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts