New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soccer referee decapitated after stabbing player to death in Brazil

SAO PAULO (AP) - Police say enraged spectators invaded a football field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body after he stabbed a player to death.
The Public Safety Department of the state of Maranhao says in a statement that it all started when referee Otavio da Silva expelled player Josenir Abreu from a game last weekend. The two got into a fist fight, then Silva took out a knife and stabbed Abreu, who died on his way to the hospital.
VIOLENCE IN BRAZIL: Protester dies at Confederations Cup
The statement issued this week says Abreu's friends and relatives immediately "rushed into the field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body."
Local news media say the spectators also decapitated Silva and stuck his head on a stake in the middle of the field.
Police have arrested one suspect.

· Registered
1,186 Posts
And they call boxing barbaric.

· Registered
1,461 Posts
Holy. Crap. And we get all pissy over a bad call. At least our refs aren't stabbing the players... then being dismembered.

· Registered
8,594 Posts
So there are some things that are still good about America! Our referees don't kill the players, and the fans don't kill the refs, and then cut them up in little pieces. Glad we don't play world soccer really. Who wants these soccer punks from Europe and South America here. Let's just keep rocking with the NFL.

· Registered
4,836 Posts
The rest of the world outside the US is VERY intense for their sport. The British "hooligans" are some of the worst.

I played my whole life until just a few years ago when I finally gave it up after my wife stopped working and I couldn't afford to get hurt being the only income source.

I'll never forget the killing of Andres Escobar who was shot and killed after scoring on his own Colombian team against the US that knocked Colombia out of the World Cup and cost the drug lords absurd amounts of money in gambling.

Andrés Escobar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

· Registered
5,239 Posts
Dammit, my kid starts Soccer on Monday!
Do i have to teach him how not to get stabbed, or will they cover that in camp?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.