New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know just how many laws the police broke by raiding Walts home?

1) They had a Unsigned warrant.......4th Amendment violation

2) They never allowed him to read the warrant, until the next day.....WTH

3) Apparently they moved on this on a unverified,false report form a citizen...no investigation?

4) Was never charged with....anything?

5) Confiscated his legally owned property without compensation

Seriously? why are people not questioning the actions of the police in this matter

there are serious Bill of Rights violations here, and no one seems to care?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yup More rain for the paranoia parade

I would like to know just how many laws the police broke by raiding Walts home?

1) They had a Unsigned warrant.......4th Amendment violation DO YOU HAVE PROOF OF THIS AND ALL EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES? OR IS IT SOMETHING YOU HEARD/ READ ON THE INTERNET?

2) They never allowed him to read the warrant, until the next day.....WTH DO YOU HAVE PROOF OF THIS AND ALL EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES? OR IS IT SOMETHING YOU HEARD/ READ ON THE INTERNET??

3) Apparently they moved on this on a unverified,false report form a citizen...no investigation? DO YOU HAVE PROOF OF THIS AND ALL EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES? OR IS IT SOMETHING YOU HEARD/ READ ON THE INTERNET?? "APPARENTLY" MEANS IT SEEMS LIKE BUT IS NOT NECESSARILY FACT.

4) Was never charged with....anything?

5) Confiscated his legally owned property without compensation

Seriously? why are people not questioning the actions of the police in this matter MAYBE BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW ANY FACTS.

there are serious Bill of Rights violations here, and no one seems to care? CAN YOU PROVE THAT? CUZ IF YOU CAN YOU SHOULD BE CALLING MR. REDDY'S LAWYERS TO HELP THE POOR FELLA OUT.

Really? Yet another Cops are bad, based on what I heard/ READ ON THE NET not factual information thread? Conspiracy theory BS.

What's that like the fourth one in a month and a half?

SHOW PROOF OR STFU.

·
Registered
573 Posts
All I have seen is a link to a youtube video, so I won't pass judgment on either side.
Have more information? Documents? Case numbers?

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Path, I like the bit about calling his lawyers and helping them out.

If half this nonsense was true Mr. Reddy would be laughing all the way to the bank. Lawsuits are the only thing that is more American than apple pie, baseball and firearms :D

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
WTF is with all the hate. I didn't start my thread to bash cops and I'm pretty sure Jmac00 didn't either. (I)We found a story worth repeating and worthy of big boy discussions and end up with cheap shots, quick thread locks and a STFU or prove it. Maybe just maybe there is truth to this but apparently we are not free to discuss this like adults.
If people are offended by a thread why not just read another or start your own. If I offend you, either grow thicker skin or click ignore.
As for getting the other side of the story....?..... We all know how freely that info is shared. How about you do the digging and help inform the rest of us.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WTF is with all the hate. I didn't start my thread to bash cops and I'm pretty sure Jmac00 didn't either. (I)We found a story worth repeating and worthy of big boy discussions and end up with cheap shots, quick thread locks and a STFU or prove it. Maybe just maybe there is truth to this but apparently we are not free to discuss this like adults.
If people are offended by a thread why not just read another or start your own. If I offend you, either grow thicker skin or click ignore.
As for getting the other side of the story....?..... We all know how freely that info is shared. How about you do the digging and help inform the rest of us.
well I have agree with 2-guns. I have a great deal of respect for LE, but something is definitely not right here I asked a simple question. From the video and the comments made by Reddy, it seems there where several laws/rights violated.

lets just start with the warrant. Reddy has stated that the police showed up with a unsigned warrant? AND he was not allowed to read the warrant...seriously? you guys don't find that the least bit odd? Or do you automatically accept the governments/police's explanation of the events

You guys don't find it odd that the police went through ALL this trouble, brought in a SWAT team AND NEVER CHARGED REDDY WITH A CRIME?

Reddy has stated the police removed his property ( a legally owned shot gun) why have they not returned the property if he was not charged with a crime?

NO BODY IS PASSING JUDGMENT HERE, BUT I AM QUESTIONING WHAT HAPPENED, which we should all be doing.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
WTF is with all the hate. I didn't start my thread to bash cops and I'm pretty sure Jmac00 didn't either.
The person who compared the United States of America to Nazi Germany is wondering "WTF is with all the hate"? That's pretty funny :)

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The person who compared the United States of America to Nazi Germany is wondering "WTF is with all the hate"? That's pretty funny :)
I don't believe 2-gun was comparing country-to-country, but the actions of the authorities towards a law abiding citizen.

and before you go spouting "just because you saw it/read it on the internet" , keep in mind NO CHARGES were brought. So the authorities "raided" this guys home for.......<insert reason here>

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I don't believe 2-gun was comparing country-to-country, but the actions of the authorities towards a law abiding citizen.
The comparison is still stupid; in Nazi Germany he would have just disappeared. At best he would have been cleared by the Gestapo in due course and told to keep his mouth shut about it or else. You can use your imagination to decide what the "or else" would have involved but I'll bet you my life savings it would have been worse than anything the United States Government has in the toolbox.

keep in mind NO CHARGES were brought. So the authorities "raided" this guys home for.......<insert reason here>
Frankly I don't know, nor am I overly worried about it. If they raided his home with no valid reason then he has a payday coming his way; as I said earlier that's the American way. If they raided him while acting on good faith (e.g. an informant lied to them) he doesn't have much recourse at all.

Either way we still have no unbiased news accounting of this incident and it's rather hard to draw any conclusions based on a bunch of Internet rumors.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The comparison is still stupid; in Nazi Germany he would have just disappeared. At best he would have been cleared by the Gestapo in due course and told to keep his mouth shut about it or else. You can use your imagination to decide what the "or else" would have involved but I'll bet you my life savings it would have been worse than anything the United States Government has in the toolbox.

Frankly I don't know, nor am I overly worried about it. If they raided his home with no valid reason then he has a payday coming his way; as I said earlier that's the American way. If they raided him while acting on good faith (e.g. an informant lied to them) he doesn't have much recourse at all.

Either way we still have no unbiased news accounting of this incident and it's rather hard to draw any conclusions based on a bunch of Internet rumors.
ok, lets go back to my original question? lets talk about warrants?

Lets just say the police show up at your home one afternoon while your in your driveway and yell "we have a warrant, get out of the way"

YOU HAVE A RIGHT to read the warrant before they blow down your door. Warrants do not give the police a open license to destroy property. or have I not seen enough TV?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Actually you do not have the right to read a warrant prior to it being executed.

The loose term is called "no knock" and right after the raid secures the location the warrant is provided to you for you to read over. It defeats the purpose to give you the warrant prior to kicking down the door.

This illustrates my point about this and the other threads I have been bashing.

You are making absurd, biased statements about what you THINK the laws/ situations are, NOT FACT.

Therefore I call you out because most folks come here for information and maybe to learn. NOT rumor mongering and BS. If you are putting out erroneous information based on your wrong information you are fostering misinformation.

Don't get me wrong I will call a spade a spade in a NY minute if I can factually support that statement. And no I don't think all Police Officers act perfectly or correctly all the time. Nor do I believe that of any government.

As for my being a hater: whatever.

But here is the notice. You or anyone else puts out some blanket, flat out BS I am going to call you on it. And if I don't you should expect that someone will.

If you have the nads to put out BS you better have them available when someone calls you on it.

One other esoteric point I would like to make is that had your post been in the general forum it would (under some stretch of imagination) been understandable. However you posted in the "Laws and Politics" section. An area where people come to logically for useful research purposes. NOT conspiracy theory.

There are lots of web forums out there for conspiracy, anti cop, anti police, corrupt government, reading and posting. I'm not sure thats the point of this forum.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I read it and I also read the paranoid "Cops are out of control" vitriol commentary that follows at the end of the article. Did you? Because they ALL pretty much illustrate my point; which is that the topic is an icon of paranoid conspiracy theorists. NOT the kind of thing I want this forum to spiral towards.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
I read it and I also read the paranoid "Cops are out of control" vitriol commentary that follows at the end of the article. Did you? Because they ALL pretty much illustrate my point; which is that the topic is an icon of paranoid conspiracy theorists. NOT the kind of thing I want this forum to spiral toward.
Yes I read it, with a grain of salt. For the record I have no ill malice toward the police man on the street who is doing his job. I do however have increasing concern about the issuers of no-knock warrants via unsigned complaints. At least Mr Reddy (although without the benefit of consul) was able to confront his accuser. I too would like to here the other side of the story. Until then I don't think sweeping this under a rug does anyone any good.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I do however have increasing concern about the issuers of no-knock warrants via unsigned complaints.
I hope you are opposed to the War on Drugs then because that's where those warrants came from. It's also the reason why our police forces have become increasingly para-militarized over the years. A few decades ago the police were rarely armed with anything other than revolvers and shotguns. Now they have armored vehicles, select fire AR-15s, tactical assault teams (aka: SWAT), high capacity handguns, etc, etc. This is directly attributable to the War on Drugs. If you study the history of prohibition in the 1920s you will see the exact same arms race occurring between the police and criminal element.

Incidentally I am moving this discussion out of laws and politics and into the off-topic section. I'm tempted to shut it down entirely but since I'm somewhat invested in the conversation I will leave that decision to one of my fellow moderators.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
I hope you are opposed to the War on Drugs.
I most certainly am. Until they can distinguish between a naturally grown plant (gods gift to some) and a highly processed substance that can kill you, I deem it more a war on people than drugs. I know plenty of people who smoke pot, I know plenty of drinkers and also a few crack heads. Of these 3 groups of people the least threatening while under the influence by far, are the tokers.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you guys win, I'm done

·
Registered
918 Posts
I most certainly am. Until they can distinguish between a naturally grown plant (gods gift to some) and a highly processed substance that can kill you, I deem it more a war on people than drugs. I know plenty of people who smoke pot, I know plenty of drinkers and also a few crack heads. Of these 3 groups of people the least threatening while under the influence by far, are the tokers.
I believe this thread has now crossed the line and should be closed.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
I believe this thread has now crossed the line and should be closed.
Off topic, yes. I was asked a question by a super moderator who could have easily closed the thread. I answered it.
If any line was crossed it was by going off topic...my apologies to jmac00.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts