New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for anyone who saw Cgrutts Slenderman post, here is a short film about him. Basically he just abducts children, no one knows where they go, they seem to go willingly after he catches them but until that point they are horrified of the thing. Slenderman is only real if you are afraid of him, so basically that creates a nice paradox for children to think about.....

"Wow this creepy....does that mean I'm afraid of him?.....hes only real if I'm afraid.....now I'm afraid of being afraid....now I'm afraid hes real! OMG I JUST MADE HIM REAL!!!!!"

And the poor kid just goes crazy

Anyway, short film right here, nothing bad in it, no blood or gore.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
It's amazing how this whole thing has taken off. I can't help but wonder if Slenderman will join the ranks of classic monsters like Dracula or the mummy.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's amazing how this whole thing has taken off. I can't help but wonder if Slenderman will join the ranks of classic monsters like Dracula or the mummy.
He's almost as well known righy now maybe even more known to the younger generations.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol that would be great!

Also, I found another:

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I have seen him in Vancouver. He wore a different outfit though.

Top 5 Green Men Moments - YouTube

This is the first I have heard of this. Creepy but not as much as the smiley face killer.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
126 Posts
Children and teenagers are being hospitalized in NY because of their belief in slenderman. They tell me (I'm a psychotherapist who works with them) that "slendy" abducts them (children and teenagers) when they fall asleep. Because of this they go to great lengths (excessive energy drinks, caffeine) to stay awake and become sleep deprived over time. Being seriously sleep deprived often lead's to psychotic symptoms, all of which are especially problematic for developing minds of children and teenagers.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Children and teenagers are being hospitalized in NY because of their belief in slenderman. They tell me (I'm a psychotherapist who works with them) that "slendy" abducts them (children and teenagers) when they fall asleep. Because of this they go to great lengths (excessive energy drinks, caffeine) to stay awake and become sleep deprived over time. Being seriously sleep deprived often lead's to psychotic symptoms, all of which are especially problematic for developing minds of children and teenagers.
And then the sleep deprivation makes them hallucinate Slenderman. Whoever came up with the original idea was kind of a genius, basically the more things you do to fight the belief in him the more your mind tricks itself into reasonably thinking he is real. Even the legend says he is only real if you are afraid of him, which forces you to think upon that paradox.

He is only real if I'm afraid of him - but if he IS real then I WOULD be afraid of him......

Didn't realize it caused such a stir that is kinda crazy to hear.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hmmm... or... to put another spin on things, maybe this guy is just a misunderstood 'thing' that is sent to help those children that maybe have bad lives and 'someone' thinks they are worth saving? The fear comes from the unknown, but when the children that are 'abducted' realize that they are, in all actual reality, being saved, this is why they are happy to leave. Just a theory I would tell MY daughter. True or not, it solves the problem on all fronts. Gotta start being more creative in protecting our kiddies from the boogieman is all... lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts