New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about everyone else, but this was definitely news to me.
Sportsman's Guide has a sale on 12g 00 but on every page there was a warning about not shipping to NYC. I emailed them a link to the NYC Admin Code page which deals with ammo sales and offered to email them my permit and registration.
This was their response:

The reason we are unable to ship shotgun ammo to New York City, regardless of permits or licenses, is because of an agreement our corporate office has made with the Attorney General not to ship shotgun shells to New York City. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I wonder why they would make the agreement? What is in it for them if they don't ship? If it truly is a choice they made...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Have you ever heard the expression: "They made me an offer I couldn't refuse"? If you haven't, read-up on the city that Eric Holder comes from.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm sick of these companies doing deals with the Devil, or running with their tails between their legs.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Hmm... a deal they made. I like the sportsman guide but I'm really tired of these BS policies that interfere with and infringe on our RIGHTS!

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
NO ONE SHIPS AMMO TO NYC
When I purchase online, I always add in the comments:
This address is NOT in NYC.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NO ONE SHIPS AMMO TO NYC
When I purchase online, I always add in the comments:
This address is NOT in NYC.
ammunitiontogo.com ship to NYC. They're in TX.
I thought the reason nobody ships to NYC is because of confusing laws, which don't forbid shipping btw.
Now I know the answer why 1 dealer doesn't ship. Anything else comes up on slickguns, gonna email those stores too with the same offer.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
ammunitiontogo.com ship to NYC. They're in TX.
I thought the reason nobody ships to NYC is because of confusing laws, which don't forbid shipping btw.
Now I know the answer why 1 dealer doesn't ship. Anything else comes up on slickguns, gonna email those stores too with the same offer.
If I remember my administrative code, it is against the law (don't remember if it is a misdemeanor or summons) to POSSESS one bullet unless you have a permit for a gun of that caliber.
Same deal for magazines. No gun on permit magazine is an offense.
I would not ship anything to NYC either. Everything is freaking illegal.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
If I remember my administrative code, it is against the law (don't remember if it is a misdemeanor or summons) to POSSESS one bullet unless you have a permit for a gun of that caliber.
Yeah but the shipper is not liable for someone breaking their own state law.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Still scratching my head over how the NYS AG gets away with directly interfering with interstate commerce. This one seems ripe for a Court challenge IMHO...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And that is why I offered to email them my permit and registration if they're afraid of something happening to them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It is still their choice. As I said, I don't blame them. NYC is FUBAR.
Get out of that place.
We're actually considering that, due to also other issues. But, hard for a lazy religious Jew to live outside the ghetto.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
We're actually considering that, due to also other issues. But, hard for a lazy religious Jew to live outside the ghetto.
Translation: You have a Jewish wife who does not want to move out of Brooklyn.
I have one of those too.

I just don't listen to her and I would never live in NYC.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts