New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone catch part one? I thought it was great. Feels like it's moving quite fast though. Band of Brothers had a more drawn out beginning. I can't wait to see the next episode.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I set the DVR to record them all. Haven't started watching it yet though.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought it was a bit more drama-y than BOB...
Yeah, I could see that, but that might be a necessary evil in order to set up the characters. Like I said, BOB took the time to develop the characters in the beginning with their training. This show just jumps right into battle, so they're shot on time to get the viewers to care about the characters we're watching so to make up for it, they have to be a little more heavy on the drama. That might change as time goes on though.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
no HBO...it'll be available for DL soon which is when I'll catch it.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
no HBO...it'll be available for DL soon which is when I'll catch it.
Are you referring to "grey" download methods or does HBO actually provide a ligit source? Given the number of HBO shows that I've liked (Sopranos, The Wire, Rome, Band of Brothers) I'd be willing to pay to stream them. I'm not willing to pay $70+/mo to Time Warner to get it though. Usually I wind up waiting for them to hit Netflix.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Hello. Are you new to the internet?
Actually, no I'm not, but I don't use it to view or download any shows or series, so I guess I had blinders on. Can you possibly find it in your heart to forgive my ignorance?

Now where exactly was that help topic that told me how to "ignore" certain users?

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually, no I'm not, but I don't use it to view or download any shows or series, so I guess I had blinders on. Can you possibly find it in your heart to forgive my ignorance?

Now where exactly was that help topic that told me how to "ignore" certain users?
Ah c'mon, I was just pulling your leg.

Yes, I forgive you. ;)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Are you referring to "grey" download methods or does HBO actually provide a ligit source? Given the number of HBO shows that I've liked (Sopranos, The Wire, Rome, Band of Brothers) I'd be willing to pay to stream them. I'm not willing to pay $70+/mo to Time Warner to get it though. Usually I wind up waiting for them to hit Netflix.
You can get a free account on HBO.com and watch the series....at least the first episode.

But yes...there are other ways....:D

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
While we're talking about shows, you guys should also check out Justified. First episode was on last night and it's quite good. Lots of gunplay. :D

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Ah c'mon, I was just pulling your leg.

Yes, I forgive you. ;)
Well, considering the bandwidth you take up here and the endless newbie type questions and comments we endure from you, I think that my sarcasm tolerance level may have been a bit low.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, considering the bandwidth you take up here and the endless newbie type questions and comments we endure from you, I think that my sarcasm tolerance level may have been a bit low.
Ohhh, I see. So this site is just for people who know everything there is to know about guns? Questions aren't tolerated? Sorry, I wasn't born knowing everything like you were. We can't all be so lucky. :hissyfit:

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Ohhh, I see. So this site is just for people who know everything there is to know about guns? Questions aren't tolerated? Sorry, I wasn't born knowing everything like you were. We can't all be so lucky. :hissyfit:
I never said that at all and I certainly wouldn't pretend to know everything. One of the best things about this forum is the wealth of information you can gain. I was merely pointing out that your sarcasm wasn't appreciated.

Here's a good analogy... Instead of Frank telling you to look at the Leupold CQB (which by the way is a very good option), how would you like it if he or I had said: Hello, are you new to fireams (since you pissed your money away on NCStar)?

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I never said that at all and I certainly wouldn't pretend to know everything. One of the best things about this forum is the wealth of information you can gain. I was merely pointing out that your sarcasm wasn't appreciated.

Here's a good analogy... Instead of Frank telling you to look at the Leupold CQB (which by the way is a very good option), how would you like it if he or I had said: Hello, are you new to fireams (since you pissed your money away on NCStar)?
To be honest? I'd say "yeah, I am!" I'm not ashamed of being new to guns. Growing up poor will do that to you. I was only goofing around with you, but I seem to have a hard time doing that around here. Everyone is just so serious about everything.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i caught it flipping through the channels in my hotel in fl. i thought it was a movie i hadnt yet seen. i was pleasantly surprised to find out it was a series. i will be catching the rest.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
OK..I watched E1 and I was underwhelmed. Strange amount of time seemingly wasted on character's back story, yet so little actually revealed. The single battle scene was interesting, but not absorbing. The scene where they pick away at the Japanese soldier in the water seemed gratuitous and strangely out of place.

If it doesn't get a lot better I won't continue to watch it.

One man's opinion.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts