New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
it's a very simple and reliable design without nearly as many moving parts that most pistols have these days. The 1911 will never die

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Love my 1911s.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
A 1911 is on my short list, just 3 or 5 guns away. I think.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Just following up on the discussion in the other thread ( http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/firearms-news/32311-marines-order-1911s.html).

A 9mm will stop just about anybody. They just might not go down right away. And it might take a few shots to get the job done.

But a .45 will knock down anyone, no matter how high their morale is or how many drugs they've taken. And you'll know right away when you've hit your target. It goes back to the old Moro guerrillas.

I was talking to a Marine who served 3 tours in Iraq recently. He said the Beretta is a great gun that never failed. But the reason the Marines broke out the 1911s in Iraq was for the caliber.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Just following up on the discussion in the other thread ( http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/firearms-news/32311-marines-order-1911s.html).

A 9mm will stop just about anybody. They just might not go down right away. And it might take a few shots to get the job done.

But a .45 will knock down anyone, no matter how high their morale is or how many drugs they've taken. And you'll know right away when you've hit your target. It goes back to the old Moro guerrillas.

I was talking to a Marine who served 3 tours in Iraq recently. He said the Beretta is a great gun that never failed. But the reason the Marines broke out the 1911s in Iraq was for the caliber.
I would beg to differ. Using modern defense ammo I would wager the difference is not that great. For the military perhaps because they have to use FMJs, but for HPs and defense ammo I would say the 9mm vs. 45 thing is way overblown.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just got my first 1911 a week ago, I finally see what all of the fuss is about. I've only been to the range once wth it so far but boy is she sweet. I don't know if I'll ever go back to tupprware again!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Which 1911 did ya get?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Awesome, welcome to the club! Love my SR1911.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts