New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So while watching the State Assembly feed this afternoon, I heard on at least several occasions (from anti-gun State assemblymen) that it was the NYSP who wanted hi-cap mags so-called "assault rifles" out of the hands of NY residents, reason being that their safety is jeopardized because civilians have them and they don't (yeah, right). I'm starting to wonder if the NYSP are a big factor behind these draconian, unconstitutional gun laws. The few run-ins I've had with NYSP in my lifetime have been negative -- they have pulled me over for going 3, 5, and 11mph over the speed limit and ticketed me every time, whereas town and city police officers have almost always let me off with warnings, so it's difficult to think positively about them epecially after hearing that they were instrumental in crafting "NY SAFE".

Are the NYSP becoming NY's version of the gestapo or the SS?

· Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I really meant the upper echelons (superintendents, etc.) of the NYSP. I didn't mean to imply the troopers themselves, though as I mentioned they seem particularly more ruthless than other PD's when it comes to enforcing the laws (traffic laws in particular - but it's probably their main source of revenue behind taxpayers so perhaps that's not news to anyone). I'm betting that most if not all "hi-cap mag arrests" and "assault weapon violation" arrests will be carried out by NYSP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.