New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could end up being nothing, or it could end up being Bundy ranch 2.0. My guess is the next serious standoff will be somewhat spontaneous, and everyone sees this coming so I doubt much will happen.

Texas Police Prepare to Defend International Bridges From Militia Groups

The officer explained that the bridges are not symbols of illegal immigration, but rather, they are vital parts of the local economy. "We cannot allow them to be shut down by lawless behavior from people who claim to be promoting the rule of law."
Pot, meet kettle.

Justice Department sues Arizona over immigration law

Jan Brewer via Fox News said:
"It is wrong that our own federal government is suing the people of Arizona for helping to enforce federal immigration law. As a direct result of failed and inconsistent federal enforcement, Arizona is under attack from violent Mexican drug and immigrant smuggling cartels," she said in a written statement. "Now, Arizona is under attack in federal court from President Obama and his Department of Justice."
She went on to point out "the irony" of suing Arizona for its immigration enforcement law but ignoring cities and other local governments whose "patchwork local 'sanctuary' policies instruct the police not to cooperate with federal immigration officials."

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
There will be no "buildup" in a situation like this. It will blow up or fizzle out. My guess is the Militias will depart after their statement has been made and observed. If, however, they feel it has not been heard, then it might get sticky..

...time will tell.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Its about time somebody is doing something! Wish I could be there to stand with them!
Well id say theyd be happy to have you. Nobody sayin you cant join their Miltia..if our ancestors didnt all join together(be it a baker, a sheriff, a servent..) we would all be under a King law.
keep us posted if u do. Lol

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Go re-read Patrick Henry's speech....

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Did not cuomo plea for ilegals to come to NY?... Problem solved for TX then. Deport them here Perry. No need for a confrontation thanks to Cuomo.

·
Registered
244 Posts
To get the blessings from the politicians and police depts, the militia should change their group name to "Occupy Amnesty" or form a union and shut down the entry port.

It is becoming common now to over use the term "safety" to justify the squashing of your constitutions rights.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety!" - Poor Richard

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
"lawless behavior from people who claim to be promoting the rule of law.”

Doesnt this statement apply to cops and our government more so than the people?

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
i wish there were militia groups looking to stop the progressives from passing these ridiculous gun laws in this state!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts