New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read some old posts on the ISSC M22 pistol here from 2012 and 2013. Does anyone have any more recent experience with this handgun? Or a more recent review? I have read multiple reviews and most say it is ammo picky but others say it has performed just fine with all brands of ammo. Just looking for a more recent review from anyone that may have any experience. I bought one at a gun show and should be picking it up next week. Thanks in advance for any information.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Should I be feeling buyers remorse? Not a single person has anything good or bad to say about this pistol? Well I pick it up tonight so I will have to perform my own reviews. Thanks for looking.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
First I saw this thread. I have one, I have used notign but CCI mini mags and it has run flawlessly. I dont bullseye shoot, so cant comment on how accurate it is, but it is a fun gun to shoot.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Evild- I have a bunch of Remington golden and some federal bulk packs. I plan to get some CCI mini mags, if I can find them, to use after I break it in using the bulk stuff.

Liked the GB add above too. I paid less so good on me! Have it in my possession now and it needs a good cleaning with all the grease on it. Maybe I can get out one night this week, if not this weekend.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

Evild- I have a bunch of Remington golden and some federal bulk packs. I plan to get some CCI mini mags, if I can find them, to use after I break it in using the bulk stuff.

Liked the GB add above too. I paid less so good on me! Have it in my possession now and it needs a good cleaning with all the grease on it. Maybe I can get out one night this week, if not this weekend.
Remington 22 ammo is about as bad as it gets, but who knows, maybe your gun will like it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I finally got out to shoot this evening. I started with Remington golden bullets -36gr high velocity. Fired 60 rounds and only had to pull the hammer back once in the middle of the second magazine. Switched to federal bulk 36gr high velocity. First round fired and had an FTE. Had to pry it out with my car key. Had a small nick on the back of the casing at the top. Racked the slide and fired second round and same thing, FTE. This one was half way out so I pulled it out with my fingers.
I dropped the magazine and unloaded it by hand. Reloaded with Remington golden again and all fired with no issues. I was pleasantly surprised. After all the reviews my expectations were low but things worked out fairly well, except for the 525 pack of federal. Ill be looking to trade that for some Rem golden it seems.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Well I finally got out to shoot this evening. I started with Remington golden bullets -36gr high velocity. Fired 60 rounds and only had to pull the hammer back once in the middle of the second magazine. Switched to federal bulk 36gr high velocity. First round fired and had an FTE. Had to pry it out with my car key. Had a small nick on the back of the casing at the top. Racked the slide and fired second round and same thing, FTE. This one was half way out so I pulled it out with my fingers.
I dropped the magazine and unloaded it by hand. Reloaded with Remington golden again and all fired with no issues. I was pleasantly surprised. After all the reviews my expectations were low but things worked out fairly well, except for the 525 pack of federal. Ill be looking to trade that for some Rem golden it seems.
Some guns just love the nasty Remington ****. Even though the Federal is better in every way, your gun just likes it nasty. Got any pictures of the little guy?

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I had one. I had to work on it a lot to change the status from Jamomatic to somewhat decent. I don't have it anymore.
Initially skip most value packs and go directly for minimags. It doesn't like most ammo.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dang that's cool, how are you liking it so far?
Well so far I am pleased but only 75 rounds through it. This is my first pistol so I don't have anything to compare it too. I have shot a 9mms before and this is so much smoother and much less recoil obviously. Ill try to update more as I gain more experience and report how it handles ammo.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got out again this Labor Day weekend and was able to cycle 90 more rounds through her. In those 90 rounds, I had to clock the hammer back once in the middle of a magazine. The rest all fired no issues and they were all Remington Golden Bullets. Then I tried a magazine with Remington Thunderbolts. First round fired no problem. Second round did not fire. Tried once more and it did not fire but there was a mark on the top of the casing. I only had my keys with me so I tried to pry the round back out and it wasn't nudging. I ended up using an empty shell case to get the unfired bullet out. I hand emptied the mag and reloaded with more Golden and all 10 rounds fired fine.

So as banana bandit said above, she likes it Golden dirty but not Thunderbolt dirty. And she is against Federal all the way. These are the only rounds I could get my hands on for now. I want to see how some CCIs work out though so I am on the hunt.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATE- I have researched a bunch on this pistol and have found there are now known issues for the Failure to ejects. The ejector does not move fully to extract as it hits on the side of the slide. I have finally found the company that is taking up the repairs of the ISSC M22s. They do not have any parts as they just bought this line but they have my contact info when the parts do come in so it can be repaired.

The prices on these have also come down considerably recently and it is difficult to find magazines for. I did find some on Gunbroker though but most other vendors are out of stock or discontinued. Looking forward to the snow melting so I can get out and shoot a little.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts