New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
you DO realize this is exactly the same kind of rhetoric that was spouted off against GW during his presidency, right?
Patriot Act being rammed down America's throat against their wishes....Federal Funding of Religious Organizations....Lying to start an unwanted war....Putting America on the path of Fascism, etc.

There will always be a President that one side or the other doesn't like. What I've noticed lately is people's need to so demonize "The opposition" as to totally reject everything they try to do, and therefore absolutely REFUSE to even engage in meaningful and constructive negotiations.
An example would be the constant use of derogatory name-calling. It's so easy to just say "those damned libtards", rather than explain what part of their behavior you do not like.
It is also exampled by the inability to see them as human beings, with all the Rights and Privileges that every human being should have. Comments like "if they don't like it they can move" or "why don't you go back to England" show a fundamental breakdown of the tolerance that used to make America what it was.
I truly believe that if people continue down this path, there will eventually be another civil war here in America as each side tries to force the other into their way of life.

How about, instead of making polarizing slogans that don't use facts, people instead try to rationally explain the flaws in any given idea. then each side can discuss the differing opinions and maybe come to an agreement that each side can live with. All it takes is hard work, an attempt at understanding those who do not see things as you do, and a willingness to compromise.
Without these things, America will eventually tear herself apart.

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
How about, instead of making polarizing slogans that don't use facts, people instead try to rationally explain the flaws in any given idea. then each side can discuss the differing opinions and maybe come to an agreement that each side can live with.
I read the entire Kuhner article and I thought he did an excellent job of citing facts and figures to explain the flaws in the Obama ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts