New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
How convenient that they shove it into some "cybersecurity act". What a joke. Ms. "Pro-2A" Gillibrand is also jumping on the bandwagon. Her ass can't be voted out of office quickly enough.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
If only gun owners could unite like this and get assault weapon bans and high cap magazine bans lifted.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Hopefully not once it gets on the NRA's radar. This is a ploy by anti-gunners in the Congress/Senate to sneak in some gun control legislation into a Cybersecurity bill. Let's hope the entire bill goes down as a result. When it comes to the Congress or Senate legislating anything having to do with technology, they utterly fail.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
If it passes I'm giving all my guns to my friend in NC or my uncle in CO to hold for me and then I'm gonna gtfo of this state ASAP.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
If it passes I'm giving all my guns to my friend in NC or my uncle in CO to hold for me and then I'm gonna gtfo of this state ASAP.
You need to read. It is a FEDERAL ban. Your friend in NC will be just as SOL as we have been for the past 18 years.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
You need to read. It is a FEDERAL ban. Your friend in NC will be just as SOL as we have been for the past 18 years.
My bad, I'm on the slow computer at work, in that case I'd join the inevitable revolution.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wouldn't this also have to pass the House before becoming law? I don't know how they could even enforce something like this. From what I read it would be similar to the AWB, in that anything you owned prior to the date would be excluded from the ban. How could any government agency track who and what magazines were owned prior to the date?
This would also have a huge impact on any firearms and after-market accessories manufacturers that wanted to sell magazines in the US.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Wouldn't this also have to pass the House before becoming law? I don't know how they could even enforce something like this. From what I read it would be similar to the AWB, in that anything you owned prior to the date would be excluded from the ban. How could any government agency track who and what magazines were owned prior to the date?
This would also have a huge impact on any firearms and after-market accessories manufacturers that wanted to sell magazines in the US.
Stop thinking rationally.

People like Chuckles would make a great action movie character.
You know, the ones that shoot first and ask questions later.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Stop thinking rationally.

People like Chuckles would make a great action movie character.
You know, the ones that shoot first and ask questions later.
We should call him the knee-jerker.

YOU JAYWALKED!? BAN SIDEWALKS!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
can someone please explain to me how it's even legal in the first place to add things to a bill that are not related to said bill?

I know I tend to keep my blinders on to most things gov't, but the other time this happened was when they banned online gambling... even the play-money sites... I just find it to be complete BS that this can happen

And I agree w/ all comments above about how this bill is dumb, chuck sucks, and all that, LOL :)

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
can someone please explain to me how it's even legal in the first place to add things to a bill that are not related to said bill?
Ask the obamacare bill.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts