New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obama’s record from what he inherited from Bush and the DEMOCRAT HILL:
(What he began with and what he has done with it since then)
AAA credit rating
7.1 % official unemployment rate
$1.85 gas prices
10 trillion dollar debt
2 wars
26 week unemployment benefits
a budget
304,761,895 population
13,524,982 actual unemployed people
People on food stamps ----------------31.79 million
Debt per CITIZEN $33,600
Debt per TAXPAYER $94,360
Are You Better Off Today Than you Were Two 1/2 Years Ago?
Numbers Don't Lie.
---------------------------------------------------------Jan 2009-------Sept 2011
Price/gallon gas--------------------------------------$1.83 ------------$3.69
Crude oil (barrel)-------------------------------------$38.74-----------$115.34
Corn, No.2 yellow------------------------------------$3.56-------------$14.33
Soybeans----------------------------------------------$9.66-------------$13.58
Raw Sugar cane,lb----------------------------------$13.37-----------$35.39
Unemployment rate, non-farm--------------------7.6%--------------9.1%
Unemployment rate, blacks-----------------------12.6%------------16.7%
Number of unemployed----------------------------10,616,000------14,500,000
Number of fed. Employees------------------------2,779,000--------2,840,000
Real median household income-----------------$50,112-----------$49,777
Number of food stamp recipients ---------------31,983,716-------43,300,878
Unemployment benefit recipients----------------7,526,598--------9,393,838
Number of long-term unemployed---------------2,600,000--------6,900,000
Poverty rate, individuals----------------------------13.2%------------15.1%
People in poverty in U.S.---------------------------39,800,000------46,200,000
Economic Freedom World Ranking------------------5------------------9
Failed banks-------------------------------------------140-----------------170
Dollar vs Jap yen exchange rate-----------------89.76---------------76.15
National debt, in trillions---------------------------$10.627------------$15.052
Just take this last item: In the last 2.5 years we have accumulated national debt at a rate more than 27 times as fast as during the rest of our entire nation's history. Over 27 times as fast! Metaphorically, speaking, if you are driving in the right lane doing 65 MPH and a car rockets past you in the left lane 27 times faster . . . it would be doing 1,755 MPH! This is a disaster! Pair this with the consistent erosion of the US Dollar...what do we have?
Sources:
(1) U.S. Energy Information Administration; (2) Wall Street Journal; (3) Bureau of Labor Statistics; (4) Census Bureau; (5) USDA; (6) U.S. Dept. of Labor; (7) FHFA; (8) Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller; (9) RealtyTrac; (10) Heritage Foundation and WSJ; (11) The Conference Board; (12) FDIC; (13) Federal Reserve; (14) U.S. Treasury

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
LOL

Please directly explain how President Obama directly affected anything that is represented in your charts above? Don't you think being in a war costs money? Don't you think that the rest of the world helps in deciding at what cost oil by the barrel will be? Did Obama cause all the Wall Street shenanigans too?

I'm not saying that I voted for him, and I'm not saying that I didn't, BUT what I am saying is, you look very childish posting things like this when in reality a single person cannot cause the level of changes to the events you have noted above.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
It is such a misnomer to say that oblamer "inherited" the economy. He ASKED for it, CAMPAIGNED for it, spent MILLIONS to acquire it, and PROMISED to improve it.

Once in office he continuously denigrates the private sector and promotes dependency. That's not leadership, that's treasonous.

LOL

Please directly explain how President Obama directly affected anything that is represented in your charts above? Don't you think being in a war costs money? Don't you think that the rest of the world helps in deciding at what cost oil by the barrel will be? Did Obama cause all the Wall Street shenanigans too?

I'm not saying that I voted for him, and I'm not saying that I didn't, BUT what I am saying is, you look very childish posting things like this when in reality a single person cannot cause the level of changes to the events you have noted above.
So what you are saying is that oblamer is full of crap when he repeatedly claims that, if only he's reelected to a second term, he is capable of improving our faltering economy. Got it.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Both parties are at fault, not just Dems. Dems are too far left, Reps are too far right. W came into office with a budget surplus and a thriving economy. By the time he left office, we were headed into some of the worst economic times in our history. IMHO, it'll take two more presidential terms before the economy turns around. Obama has not worked effectively at passing measures that may or may not have helped with an economic turnaround, he hasn't had much help from the Congress or the Senate. The Reps don't look any better by holding off on voting on jobs bills, but rather setting their sights on more frivolous issues that aren't going to help one iota with improving anything.

The entire gov't needs a clean sweep. Set term limits on Senators, throw away Citizens United and abolish gross, wasteful campaign spending...at least that would be a small step in the right direction.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Come on be fair; he closed Gitmo, ended all wars and didn't raise any taxes. Oh wait...... never mind :rofl:

He's worse than Carter and should be impeached for mortgaging our great great grandchildren's future and everything else he's done to destroy America.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Blaming one head figure is like focusing on one cancerous tumor when your body has been riddled with them.

We need to cut out the cancer so to speak, vote out ALL incumbents and flush the crony capitalist turds!
The government is supposed to work for and represent US...we elect and fund them. We need to take our power seriously and we need to take it back!

Who elects and funds the crooks? WE DO! Let's stop voting for surface appeal and do what's right for the greater good of our nation. Great speakers, big smiles, shiny suits...yeah WTF are we on a game show or something?

Let's cut the 2 party loyalty and bull$hit dichotomy out of the picture. We are AMERICANS first and foremost. Neither party is sticking to their motto or mission statement, fcuk em both. Let us unite and make our nation great again. :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Blaming one head figure is like focusing on one cancerous tumor when your body has been riddled with them.

We need to cut out the cancer so to speak, vote out ALL incumbents and flush the crony capitalist turds!
The government is supposed to work for and represent US...we elect and fund them. We need to take our power seriously and we need to take it back!

Who elects and funds the crooks? WE DO! Let's stop voting for surface appeal and do what's right for the greater good of our nation. Great speakers, big smiles, shiny suits...yeah WTF are we on a game show or something?

Let's cut the 2 party loyalty and bull$hit dichotomy out of the picture. We are AMERICANS first and foremost. Neither party is sticking to their motto or mission statement, fcuk em both. Let us unite and make our nation great again. :)
This was more of my point

·
Registered
10,486 Posts

Classic Keynesian economics at work here. Much like Japan, if we try to spend our way out of this mess, the best result we can possibly expect is a stagnate economy. Japan has been going through it for about 15 years now...we still have a long way to go...

·
Registered
672 Posts

Classic Keynesian economics at work here. Much like Japan, if we try to spend our way out of this mess, the best result we can possibly expect is a stagnate economy. Japan has been going through it for about 15 years now...we still have a long way to go...
We WILL need to face a depression at some point, the question is will it be inflationary (Europe's great depression) or deflationary (America's great depression)? I suppose it's really up to us because we're the ones that have elected crony capitalists for several decades and we continue to sign up for bigger & better debt.

Japan built roads to nowhere, this of course accomplished nothing. You can't really fabricate a need or an infrastructure...you must build to be inline with your economy's requirements & needs. Japan is still fcuked, maybe even worse than Europe actually. Nobody seems to know that because it's not what the news want's us to hear or see for some reason. 8/

I'm neither Repub or Dem, I'm a fan of mixed mode economics and simply doing what is best for the nation. I think one of the biggest issues we face is people wanting to fit in so bad that they abandon logic and flock to whatever party seems to make slightly more sense than the other. Then they become conditioned to despise other fellow Americans for their political affiliation, which both sides are full of crap at this stage. Till things get insanely bad I expect nothing to change. Once things are bad enough it may very well be too late, that's my fear.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont know how this post is childish when the hard numbers are in front our yours eyes with spot on/credible sources. Im not saying only Obama is to blame but for christ sake, when did the presidency of this nation become diluted to laughability? The best thing Obama has done in 4 years was his campaign to win the title of our leader and commander in chief. Undeclared wars, Fast and furious, Obamacare, corporate bailouts, turning his back on the middle class, presidential privalege, NDAA, extension of the Patriot act, DRONES on american soil, proposal of international firearms treaties on and on and on? Whats next a "NATO" involement in Syria which would surely drag Iran into a conflict with it? Or is it always Bushes fault for this mess and 4 years of continued printing of erroded currency? Look at the damn numbers, our money buys a whole of hell of a lot less than it did when Obama entered office at an even more rapid pace than Bushs' 8 years. We should have taken the hit in 2008 into full depression, hit rock bottom, and we would probably be almost out of this mess by now. Slowly we continue on this path to a shrunken middle class, increased government dependency, and a possible switch from US Dollars in overseas markets. All of this while Obama sits back and lets it all happen. I dont know about you, but I want true leader who will act in the best interest of the nation...instead of like a puppet acting for an elite few or for the benefit of a shadow governments agenda.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
I dont know how this post is childish when the hard numbers are in front our yours eyes with spot on/credible sources. Im not saying only Obama is to blame but for christ sake, when did the presidency of this nation become diluted to laughability? The best thing Obama has done in 4 years was his campaign to win the title of our leader and commander in chief. Undeclared wars, Fast and furious, Obamacare, corporate bailouts, turning his back on the middle class, presidential privalege, NDAA, extension of the Patriot act, DRONES on american soil, proposal of international firearms treaties on and on and on? Whats next a "NATO" involement in Syria which would surely drag Iran into a conflict with it? Or is it always Bushes fault for this mess and 4 years of continued printing of erroded currency? Look at the damn numbers, our money buys a whole of hell of a lot less than it did when Obama entered office at an even more rapid pace than Bushs' 8 years. We should have taken the hit in 2008 into full depression, hit rock bottom, and we would probably be almost out of this mess by now. Slowly we continue on this path to a shrunken middle class, increased government dependency, and a possible switch from US Dollars in overseas markets. All of this while Obama sits back and lets it all happen. I dont know about you, but I want true leader who will act in the best interest of the nation...instead of like a puppet acting for an elite few or for the benefit of a shadow governments agenda.
Like to infinity power.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
kinda convenient to pick jan 2009 for low gas price since gas hasn't been consistently that low since 2004

hell, may of 2008 had gas at over $4.00

I am no fan but it really casts doubt on the credibility of the whole thing.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Here's the simple rundown ... all political parties should be abolished and never allowed to be formed again. George Washington knew this from the get go and was against it. So ... here we are now with over paid, non working, useless a-holes making laws and slipping things in 2000+ page bills all to benefit their "buddies". (go ahead and sue a Dr for screwing up!! I hope you are awarded BILLIONS!! Oh ... wait .... somebody slipped in one page in a bill that mandates all Dr's are only obligated to pay $250,000 in malpractice cases no matter what the monetary judgement really is!!) Well ... I for one have had enough. I don't care what "party" you root for ... this isn't a friggin sporting event and you sure as hell ain't gaining ANYTHING if your team wins are you?? I haven't seen prizes being handed out so .....

Anyways, I think it's time to push the politicians out, set term limits to stop career politicians and return the power of the govt to the people instead of "select few" in the "well to do" brackets. This country can be and should be run as a business and it doesn't need alllllll of the stupid departments and braches it has. It needs to be a smaller govt with less of a strangle hold on us all. Too many regulations are in place for anyone to do much of anything now. obama (I refuse to capitalize his name BTW) is an idiot!! He has turned this country into that 3rd world place we call Chicago!! He has taken it upon himself to FORCE healthcare on us!! (and if this really sticks we will loose 83% of the practicing Dr's in this country thank you govt/obama!!!!) I'm not a political person but any moron can see that this govt isn't worth the money it costs the citizens in tax dollars to run it!! Think about that .... would you still have YOUR job if all you did was pizz off the boss and make crappy decisions that were bad for the business?? NO you wouldn't ... well .... what's in Washington D.C. and why are they still there SINCE WE ARE THEIR BOSS AS WE PUT THEM IN PLACE???????????? Oh and when is the last time you gave YOURSELF a raise regardless of your performance??

Please ... do us all a favor and instead of voting for obama to prove to us you're not a racist, vote his azz out to prove to us you're not a moron!! Ok ... I'm done ranting now. Carry on. LOL

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Obama did not cause all of this. There, I said that and got it out of the way.

Now, what I can not STAND, is lack of all personal responsibility I have seen lately. It's childish and disgusting.

"Hey, I don't like NDAA."..."BUSH STARTED IT WITH THE PATRIOT ACT SO THEREFORE IT IS OK THAT WE EXPAND ON IT LA LA LA! CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

"I don't like Obamacare."..."ROMNEY STARTED IT WITH ROMNEYCARE SO THEREFORE IT IS OK. LA LA LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

"I don't like fast and furious."..."BUSH STARTED IT SO YOU CAN'T BLAME US! LA LA LA LA LA CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Now that is CHANGE we can all believe in! :/

Perhaps it is just me, but I fail to see how policies or actions are made any less crappy because "the other guy started it." Ever think perhaps I didn't support the other guy on those actions either?

Libertarian FTC! (For The Country)

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
I don't really have much to add. Everyone else has pretty much said how I feel. I will add one thing though.

One party didn't put us in this mess, so don't expect one party to get us out of it either. It will take cooperation from bigger men to help us out of our recession/depression than the ones who helped us get into our problems. I urge people not to follow party lines. Checking all the "R" or "D" boxes on the ballot won't help us. Find out what each person believes in, and then vote accordingly.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Voting along party lines was acceptable in 1950 when politics were simpler and it was more clear which side of the fence each party's candidates would fall. However, voting along party lines in today's elections is a failure. If you show up to vote and all you do is check off everyone in R or D, please stay home and refrain from voting. At least spend *some* time doing your own fact checking before deciding on your candidate. FactCheck.org is decent - nonpartisan and not funded by any political organizations or corporations.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts