New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I haven't seen much coverage about this anywhere.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), which was created from the clear-as-mud Dodd-Frank Act, has been tracking upwards of 77 percent of all credit card transactions. Their stated goal for 2013 is to track at least 80 percent of all credit card transactions, and 95 percent of all mortgage transactions.

This info came out just days after news broke that the CFPB was collecting private financial information on over 5 million Americans without their knowledge by working with the U.S. Trustee Program (USTP), which serves as a (supposedly) "neutral" watchdog in the bankruptcy process.

This is extremely alarming, and, coming on the heels of all the NSA news, I'm not sure why it is not making headlines. I hate to use the cliche, but it really is one step closer to 1984 or "Big Brother." I don't do Facebook or Twitter or anything like that, but those of you who do should spread the word on social media.

Here's some more info:

CFPB's data-mining on consumer credit cards challenged in heated House hearing | WashingtonExaminer.com

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.