New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
I dont like this on many levels. They say blatant lies in the video about guns and further the separation of people based on race. The dean is either ignorant or just trying to push his own personal agenda on those kids. I good teacher doesnt take a stance on any issue with their students and plays devils advocate to get the students to think for themselves.
When kids are being taught these types of things in schools how can we expect to become a better nation?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I dont like this on many levels. They say blatant lies in the video about guns and further the separation of people based on race. The dean is either ignorant or just trying to push his own personal agenda on those kids. I good teacher doesnt take a stance on any issue with their students and plays devils advocate to get the students to think for themselves.
When kids are being taught these types of things in schools how can we expect to become a better nation?
I felt the same way like they are trying to promote segregation. WTF!

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Exactly. The part where he said blacks had the worst scores and trying to blame it on others saying its not an accident had no purpose. He was trying to use that to get the students angry. I mean really what does that solve? Nothing! If you are going to use those stats to teach or motivate students then why not make it a positive thing to get them to do better in class.
I could really care less about someones race, gender, religious preference, sexual orientation and all that stuff and treat people equally. I think that if ANYONE thinks they are entitled to something and dont have to work for it is going to alienate themselves from everyone else. IF teachers are going to influence students at all besides teaching facts then it should only be to push students to better themselves as people and citizens.
This video only shows them trying to separate people by race and view points instead of teaching tolerance and understanding.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
LOOK how fast the fear mongering comes out when faced with logical statements! That bit at the beginning was so perfect!

Simple version:

1) Student makes a logical and well thought out statement.

2) Teacher pulls out "BUT THESE POOR BABIES WERE KILLED BY GUNS YOU MORON!"

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Anyone watch the clock in the background when the dean was speaking?
Dude doing a lot of talking for a long time on the same subject.
Even if it is different classes during the course of the day (unless he wears the same shirt every day)

If it was just one class I feel sorry for thier punushment of being subject to rhetoric for such long periods at a time.
If it was several classes then its even more blatant indoctrination.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a few years ago when my kid was in 2nd or 3rd grade the school asked all the students if there were guns in the home. They even sent home the questionnaire to be sent back. This pissed me off to say the least.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just a few years ago when my kid was in 2nd or 3rd grade the school asked all the students if there were guns in the home. They even sent home the questionnaire to be sent back. This pissed me off to say the least.
Yeah, that's a little ridiculous don't you think? But understand where they are coming from, they are curious/cautious to know which homes may have firearms that need locks or to verify they are locked....this all started with a "anti-bullying" campaign....I assure everyone here my kids cannot have access to my firearms while I'm not here. ya know?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yeah, that's a little ridiculous don't you think? But understand where they are coming from, they are curious/cautious to know which homes may have firearms that need locks or to verify they are locked....this all started with a "anti-bullying" campaign....I assure everyone here my kids cannot have access to my firearms while I'm not here. ya know?
Yes, and yet we as a country have manage to survive over 200 with guns and children in the home without the schools influence. How did we ever do it? BTW, statisically more younger school age children die from drowning in 3 gallon buckets and household cleaners then guns but my school did not sent home a "informational questionnaire" for that.

The schools should be more concerned with this: Occupy Wall Street Plans Global Disruption of Status Quo May 1 - Bloomberg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts