New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well it's definitely getting better, just got another 1050 rds today from Dicks.. I am definitely not having much issues getting it now. It's not back to normal yet sadly but not super hard get either anymore as coming in often now..

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Well it's definitely getting better, just got another 1050 rds today from Dicks.. I am definitely not having much issues getting it now. It's not back to normal yet sadly but not super hard get either anymore as coming in often now..
Well, Dicks told me three days ago that they would have plenty this morning. 16 cases of 525 bulk. Got there 45 Min. after opening. ALL GONE.
Nothings changed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, Dicks told me three days ago that they would have plenty this morning. 16 cases of 525 bulk. Got there 45 Min. after opening. ALL GONE.
Nothings changed.
Sorry to hear that.. I had no problems getting some.. I went within first few minutes it opened but a friend of mine went like a hour or so after opened and he was able to get some also.. When I left the gun counter I overheard the guy say they still had 100 bricks left of it and there was already a good 15-20 people ahead of me when store opened.. The fact that Dicks has had .22lr listed in their ads several times this month definitely means things are changing ;) ..

·
Registered
35 Posts
In the past month I have been able to get more than all of 2014 so if that's a sign I hope the trend continues.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
If its there when I'm buying other ammo, I may or may not get some. But, I dont go out of my way for it.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I can't imagine waiting in line for 22.
I as well. However I guess that is why I have not been able to purchase any in a very long time.
Store employees tell me that the faces they see when they unlock the door a very familiar.
Some folks do an awful lot of shooting or their basement is very crowded.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I wasn't going to stand in line either so I invested my money on a 20# pot, lube/sizer, mold's, primers, and 8# of Bullseye oh yes and a Dillon. Been lobbing 45's down range all this time. Getting a little low on powder though! FUAC

·
Registered
122 Posts
I can't imagine waiting in line for 22.
There was no line.. However there was a good 15-20 people that I saw while there with boxes of .22.. The way Dicks has it set-up you pretty much go up to gun counter and guys behind counter automatically assume you there for one reason and hand you a box lol.. It's actually for easy, in and out.. I have no complaints whatsoever..

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I wasn't going to stand in line either so I invested my money on a 20# pot, lube/sizer, mold's, primers, and 8# of Bullseye oh yes and a Dillon. Been lobbing 45's down range all this time. Getting a little low on powder though! FUAC
.45 Colt? I have been thinking about a .45 Colt and also loading for it.
How much did it cost to get set up?
Anyone else load .45 Colt?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
There was no line.. However there was a good 15-20 people that I saw while there with boxes of .22.. The way Dicks has it set-up you pretty much go up to gun counter and guys behind counter automatically assume you there for one reason and hand you a box lol.. It's actually for easy, in and out.. I have no complaints whatsoever..
1050 rounds? and plenty available? You are fortunate. One box limit at my local Dicks. And all sold within 45 minutes of opening.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice to see some bulk packs making their way, if not to the shelves, at least to the counter.

I just wish we'd see some target ammo, bullseye season starts this month.

·
Registered
791 Posts
When I can walk into big box store with a shelf full of 22 ammo and walk away empty handed... The ammo shortage will be officially over.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
When I can walk into big box store with a shelf full of 22 ammo and walk away empty handed... The ammo shortage will be officially over.
If you walk away empty handed isn't it just starting? Or at least continuing?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Nothings changed.
Seems different to me. This time last year, you could be in line at Walmart on the 2 or 3 days a month that they actually got any ammo at all, and even if you were in line 45 min *before* they started selling ammo you still may be too far back in line to buy any that day.

Buying 22lr has basically changed from "winning a multistate lottery" chances to "winning at the horse track" chances in one short year.

:hissyfit:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts