New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm definitely getting him something to store his Jeep doors, but need to choose between these two.
Quadratec Exclusive JW-DSH - Door Storage Hanger for 76-14 Jeep® CJ-7, Wrangler YJ, TJ, JK, TJ Unlimited & Unlimited JK - Quadratec
Lange Originals 008-199 - Lange Originals Door Hanger for Jeep® Vehicles - Quadratec
Is the hinge method worth the extra bucks?

I'm also replacing the old rope hammock that's falling apart. Looking for one more idea. What would be on your birthday wish list (that's not a gun, lol)?

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Turn the tables and take him out for a nice romantic dinner at his favorite upscale joint. You can have desert when you get home. That always gets to me.

·
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He pretty much just works on his Jeeps or motorcycles. The last few years I've found some original parts for his GPz, but he has what he needs now for that. He likes to drink beer, but I'm not sure that makes a great gift, lol. Used to golf, but he hasn't done that in a couple years, at least.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Wow.....a GPz and Jeep driver.
Now i feel bad for trading my '95 GPZ.

Anyway.....if it doesn't already have it....lift, tires, winch, bumpers, offroad lights (which is what my wife got me for my birthday - twice), bikini top, a bikini top for the Jeep too, etc.
in fact, to really decide what he'd need, we need pics.

pics of the Jeep would help also, but is optional.

·
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Rubicon has a lift, and he has a winch, but it's not on right now because we were using it to get someone's gun safe upstairs. :eek:

Lights are a good idea. He needs tires, since he just got a flat last week, but I know he'll want to choose those himself, plus they're expensive. He took the Superhawk to NY, but other pics are below. None of me. There are four pics of body parts floating around the forum somewhere, though - and NOT in Gunner's!

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Window Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
for lights....start with something like this. These will let him put a pair of lights at the lower corners of his windshield.
KC HiLiTES 7311 - KC HiLiTES Windshield Light Mount Brackets in Black for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

Or something like this for above-the-roof lights:
Olympic 4x4 Products 803-124 - Olympic 4X4 Products Maxi Light Bar for 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

for the lights, themselves, I've heard a LOT good about Rigid LED offroad lights.
Rigid Industries 20221 - Rigid Industries Dually LED Light Pair - Spot Pattern - Quadratec

If he likes having the hardtop off, this is handy for those potentially wet days
QuadraTop® Bimini, Clearview Windstopper & Tonno Cover Combo in Black Diamond for 03-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ - Quadratec

And, finally, to give a little protection fore and aft, get rid of the milk jugs and put some steel bumpers on it:
Quadratec Exclusive Jeep Bumpers - Quadratec

Just some ideas from a fellow Jeeper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.