New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks CA, NY, NJ: Sneaky "High Capacity Magazine" Ban effort underway 7/25/2012

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CREC-2012-07-25/pdf/CREC-2012-07-25-pt1-PgS5401-3.pdf

SA 2575. Mr. LAUTENBERG (for himself, Mrs. BOXER, Mr. REED, Mr. MENENDEZ, Mrs. GILLIBRAND, Mr. SCHUMER, and Mrs. FEINSTEIN) submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by him to the bill S. 3414, to enhance the security and resiliency of the cyber and communications infrastructure of the United States; which was ordered to lie on the table; as follows:

At the appropriate place, insert the following

SEC. __. PROHIBITION ON TRANSFER OR POSSESSION OF LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES.

(a) Definition.--Section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after paragraph (29) the following:

``(30) The term `large capacity ammunition feeding device'--

``(A) means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition; but

``(B) does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.''.

(b) PROHIBITIONS.-Section 922 of such title
is amended by inserting after subsection (u)
the following:
''(v)(1)(A)(i) Except as provided in clause
(ii), it shall be unlawful for a person to
transfer or possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device.
At least there is a grandfather clause being proposed :(

''(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the United States on or before the date of
the enactment of this subsection.
I guess if NY, CA and NJ can't have em, we in the free states shouldn't either.

[This isn't a dig at NY, CA and NJ, etc gun owners--I'm not telling you guys to move either. Hopefully you'll stay and vote these jokers out of office. Just hate to see the laws you guys live under come to my state.]

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
This is just proposed, correct? Not actual passing?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is just proposed, correct? Not actual passing?
Correct, it's a proposed amendment to the current Cyber Security bill, IIRC (cuz someone might shoot up the internet when it goes to the theater to watch Batman).

I just edited the title of the thread, hopefully it's more clear now.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Well, let's hope it gets stomped out.

Sometimes I wonder if all of these antis are secretly hoping for these mass shootings so they can push their agendas some more. I swear, they must be like "YES! 12 people died and 58 more were shot! Let's see what equipment the shooter used... YES! Let's throw down the ban hammer!"

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
i dont see it going anywhere, if so im sure there will be pleanty of beta mags out there because once this hits the floor the large mags will be hard to come by. maybe this is just a stunt to boost the economy a little bit?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I am with Cossey. Hope it meets its demise. :(

On a side note, you better keep some of those Pre Bans for yourself!!! ;)

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
geee, look who is sponsoring the bill, all the standard anti-gun <censor> heads

seriously, these people are getting boring. I wonder if they actually do anything for their constituents other than annoy the rest of the country?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if all of these antis are secretly hoping for these mass shootings so they can push their agendas some more. I swear, they must be like "YES! 12 people died and 58 more were shot! Let's see what equipment the shooter used... YES! Let's throw down the ban hammer!"
That can't be! They're too busy accusing Republicans of secretly wishing for total economic collapse so Obonehead gets voted out!

:rolleyes:

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
As much as I hate this mentality:

Sometimes I wish other states would get slapped with this. It would stop a lot of the "It doesn't affect me so f*&k those people in NY, CA, etc." mentality. The NRA is one of the big people afflicted with this. Was it not posted that they don't even HAVE an NRA-ILA office in NY? "Well it doesn't affect us here in TN, so screw NY!" That is the kind of mentality that will lead to everything failing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
"Kiki" Gillibrand and Chucky CheeZe SleaZe Schummer are the worst of the worst. Gillibrand (Kirsten) played the locals and farmers (she even milked a cow) like a fiddle acting like she cared for the working man and supported gun owners. Scummer made her don kneepads and worship the LIEberal lord.
Once she got elected to Hillary Clintoon's seat she became a flaming lib. Absolutely sickening, both of them.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Well, let's hope it gets stomped out.

Thats funny.. sometimes I wonder if the Antis are the ones orchestrating these shootings

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
If there's interest, this is being debated this afternoon (sometime after 3:30pm EST) live on C~SPAN

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thats funny.. sometimes I wonder if the Antis are the ones orchestrating these shootings
The people orchestrating these shootings are deranged lunatics who shouldn't have firearms. I just believe that they should be lacking in firearms because people like you and me have shot them to death.

Placing blame for carnage on your political opponents is childish. And makes us all look like weirdos.

Keith

·
Registered
369 Posts
Since the batman shooters 100 drum wouldn't feed maybe they shoud ban the small mags that feed better.
And considering the rising price of ammo, we couldn't afford to fill it.
Logic DC style, and not the DC comics
+1 crackslinger. but Washington is full of self-serving opportunists sporting alligator tears and baby kissing smiles.
And the transparent govt works behind closed doors so who knows how they react. Their privacy is guaranteed by
our tax dollars,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts