New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of this past Saturday, I'm now an active member at ORGC.

Folks in the region should consider a membership, even if you are a member elsewhere. I am now a paying member at three clubs.

Anyway, the cost is very reasonable ($100 total first year, $60/yr after that), the club President and VP were willing to work with me on a slight scheduling conflict I had for orientation, and the club is very professional when it comes to range safety. They want you to have fun and enjoy the activities, but clearly want you and everyone else to be safe at the same time. At orientation, there is a written test about the range rules, and you are required to load 5 rounds each into your rifle (and handgun if permitted), fire at a tarrget and then again make the weapon safe.

ORGC is VERY black rifle friendly and their 'tactical' range offers the opportunity to work on some fun drills. The tactical range is in the process of expanding with a new building being worked on as we speak. The rifle range has pre-set target stands at 50, 100, and 200 yards. There are also two ATA approved trap fields where they regularly host events.

They didn't ask me to post this, but they deserve it. The club motto is "A Good Place To Shoot" and I agree completely.

So, for anyone in the area who is looking for a club to shoot at, whether its' your first club or whether you are already a member elsewhere, I recommend checking these guys out.

Ontario Rod & Gun Club | A Great Place To Shoot

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Sounds awesome. Wish I lived closer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was kind of put of by them. Not saying it is not a good place to shoot, I made an appt to take a look at their facilities on a Saturday morning a few months back and was told to stop down. I did just that. The parking lot had a half dozen people standing around talking. After a few minits of looking through the fence at their facilities, I approached the group of people standing there talking and stated that what I was there for... Not a single one of them even looked at me nor responded. I guess I don't need to spend my money on a place like this. Too bad because its a few miles away from home. I will be joining Williamson next month.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I am a member there and gcl, even though oragc is farther for me I still go more than I go to gcl, I like the vibe a lot better at oragc than gcl but gcl has a nice indoor range for crappy weather lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Glad you had a good experience. I'm a member at Brooks and Ontario. Brooks is very close and I like it, but I drive 35 minutes out to Ontario to help with club improvements and shoot in the various tactical shoots just because they have such a good bunch of people there.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I was kind of put of by them. Not saying it is not a good place to shoot, I made an appt to take a look at their facilities on a Saturday morning a few months back and was told to stop down. I did just that. The parking lot had a half dozen people standing around talking. After a few minits of looking through the fence at their facilities, I approached the group of people standing there talking and stated that what I was there for... Not a single one of them even looked at me nor responded. I guess I don't need to spend my money on a place like this. Too bad because its a few miles away from home. I will be joining Williamson next month.
Those folks you talked too that day were not club officers so how could you be put off? Ask for Ken or Steve and we will go out of our way to help. Give me a chance to make it right. Ken

·
Registered
620 Posts
Good review, Ive been looking at joining there.
Saturday's or Tuesday nights are best to come check things out. Ask for me or send me pm and I will meet you there on a Saturday. KEN

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those folks you talked too that day were not club officers so how could you be put off? Ask for Ken or Steve and we will go out of our way to help. Give me a chance to make it right. Ken
Ken will definitely go out of his way to help.... Had this not been the case, I wouldn't be done with orientation yet

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Sounds great. Wish their was a club local to me that is that reasonable price wise

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
As of this past Saturday, I'm now an active member at ORGC.

Folks in the region should consider a membership, even if you are a member elsewhere. I am now a paying member at three clubs.

Anyway, the cost is very reasonable ($100 total first year, $60/yr after that), the club President and VP were willing to work with me on a slight scheduling conflict I had for orientation, and the club is very professional when it comes to range safety. They want you to have fun and enjoy the activities, but clearly want you and everyone else to be safe at the same time. At orientation, there is a written test about the range rules, and you are required to load 5 rounds each into your rifle (and handgun if permitted), fire at a tarrget and then again make the weapon safe.

ORGC is VERY black rifle friendly and their 'tactical' range offers the opportunity to work on some fun drills. The tactical range is in the process of expanding with a new building being worked on as we speak. The rifle range has pre-set target stands at 50, 100, and 200 yards. There are also two ATA approved trap fields where they regularly host events.

They didn't ask me to post this, but they deserve it. The club motto is "A Good Place To Shoot" and I agree completely.

So, for anyone in the area who is looking for a club to shoot at, whether its' your first club or whether you are already a member elsewhere, I recommend checking these guys out.

Ontario Rod & Gun Club | A Great Place To Shoot
It says "A Great Place To Shoot" not good.....Sorry I couldn't resist.....;) Congrats,your lucky to have a nice place like that to go....And BTW I am glad to see you back, we missed you around here...!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts