New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post a review of a recent experience the wife and I had with Lowery Bros Chrysler and Jeep in Syracuse.

WOW! Thanks for ignoring me and my wife for almost 20 minutes in your showroom earlier today! Since we were the only ones in the store, I can see how easily we couldve been overlooked. Despite our casual appearance, my wife is an MD and I'm a private contractor and we were prepared to buy a Town and Country. One Sales Consultant (Robert Haines) made a poor joke about giving us the car if we could get it out of the showroom without scratching it while walking past us. When we asked to see a manager or salesman, he came over and said quote: "I said hello to you! You didnt say anything! Thats how this works, I say hello, then you say hello. I thought you guys were here for service because I saw your wife go in the back when you walked in..." Yeah, she's pregnant and has to pee every 45 minutes. No apology, no attempt to make it right, just poor excuses for a piss poor sales pitch. We will NEVER shop there and regularly deter our clients from shopping there. By the way, we went to the Dodge dealership down the road and we are buying a Grand Caravan. Dont you guys work on commission? Big mistake. HUGE.

· Registered
274 Posts
Yeah, nothing worse than a sales department that doesn't want to sell cars. The dealership I work for is like that. We have one great salesman who will go out of his way to sell anyone anything and would give you his own car if you asked, a couple decent guys who are ok, and the rest are worthless. Who did you end up buying the Grand Caravan from, if you don't mind me asking?

· Registered
859 Posts
Payback is emailing them a link to this ;)

· Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Payback is emailing them a link to this ;)
Oh I went on an cyber-rampage! Posted this one their Facebook page (3 times, they kept taking it down), Yahoo, Google, Yellow Pages, DealerRater and I sent it the Chrysler main web...Just thought I'd share it with you guys too. It makes me feel better to rant on my keyboard and have you guys affirm my ridiculousness.

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
Just wanted to post a review of a recent experience the wife and I had with Lowery Bros Chrysler and Jeep in Syracuse.

WOW! Thanks for ignoring me and my wife for almost 20 minutes in your showroom earlier today! Since we were the only ones in the store, I can see how easily we couldve been overlooked. Despite our casual appearance, my wife is an MD and I'm a private contractor and we were prepared to buy a Town and Country. One Sales Consultant (Robert Haines) made a poor joke about giving us the car if we could get it out of the showroom without scratching it while walking past us. When we asked to see a manager or salesman, he came over and said quote: "I said hello to you! You didnt say anything! Thats how this works, I say hello, then you say hello. I thought you guys were here for service because I saw your wife go in the back when you walked in..." Yeah, she's pregnant and has to pee every 45 minutes. No apology, no attempt to make it right, just poor excuses for a piss poor sales pitch. We will NEVER shop there and regularly deter our clients from shopping there. By the way, we went to the Dodge dealership down the road and we are buying a Grand Caravan. Dont you guys work on commission? Big mistake. HUGE.
This is what you do. When you find another dealer and buy the vehicle from them, take it back to the a-hole salesman and show him all the nice features. Maybe he will get the picture but I doubt it.

James

· Super Moderator
3,276 Posts
This is what you do. When you find another dealer and buy the vehicle from them, take it back to the a-hole salesman and show him all the nice features. Maybe he will get the picture but I doubt it.

James
Just drive by the showroom, toot the horn and wave. ;)

· Registered
199 Posts
Not shocked by your experience at all, the Ford dealership down the street from them is even worse. Have you tried Shapiro Motors in Oswego? They're nice people...

· Registered
573 Posts
recently bought a 2010 ford flex from Wentworth motors in Dansville. I paid $27,000 for it used. had a small list of minor things for them to fix, brakes, anntenna front sensors for park aid. they not only put tape over the sensor hole in the bumper, but fixed nothing on the list at all. when i went back(2.5 hour drive) they told me that they would not be rebuilding my vehicle for me. i pu 3500 mile on it and the brakes were thumping due to bad rotors.

needles to say i bombarded the with horible reviews. they shooud not be allowed to sell used cars if they will not back them!
I was a used car service manager for years, they tried to tell me I wore the brakes out in 3500 miles!

· Registered
5,116 Posts
What a dick. That's a similar experience to several i had at Carbone in Utica...so i quit shoppin there and only go to Burdick (yes, a Nissan dealer) and deal with one guy there...he refers my friends to his contacts at the other Burdicks. everyone leaves happy...now if i'd only sign up for their referral system i could make money on it LOL. they have been amazing to deal with. all via email, truly sign and drive with two cars so far and their service department is awesome.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
We had a bit of a hiccup with our used car dealer about 4 years ago, they loaned me a car that had bald tires in the winter and I wrecked it, when the cop came by some nice people who also stopped to see if I was ok suggested I tell the trooper to check my tires, I'm glad he did. Long story short he was a little mad at us because we obviously refused to claim this accident on our insurance but in the end it was his fault and he knew it (The inspection on that car was also a year overdue, apparently it was a trade in they hadn't prepared for the lot yet) since then we have had nothing but good experiences with them, I bought my first car from them, and then my second, and my Mom bought her Subaru from them and my little brother got his first car from them. Its the mom and pop car dealers that tend to be the best (like this one) anything with a company name on the billboard (Country Club Chevy.....etc.) I avoid.

· Registered
2,316 Posts
Me and the Mrs. just had a really good experience with Fuccilo.

Apparently that dude is "huge" for a reason. By far the best car buying experience I have had. The car has been great as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.