New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kid throws tantrum, won't behave, destroying property. LEO called, arrives, tries talking to kid, kid still won't behave. Cuffed an taken to jail. Of course the mom is horrified that her kid was treated this way. Maybe if the mom spent some time parenting, this crap wouldn't have had to happen.

Police handcuff Georgia kindergartner for tantrum - Yahoo! News

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Comments on Article said:
You need cops to handle a 6-year-old? *Triple facepalm*
And therein lies the problem. Sure, I could strangle the little ankle-biter until his head pops off, but in todays society if you breathe on a kid the wrong way it is assault. That is why the cops are always getting called. That is why we have kids like this. If places like this were actually allowed to handle stuff like this on their own, or better yet PARENTS WERE, then this wouldn't happen. "But then people might abuse it." I'll take my chances, compared to the "school system" we have today.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
If I acted like that when I was a kid I would rather the police be called than my father!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Salecia had been in a holding cell and complained about the handcuffs."She said they were really tight. She said they really hurt her wrists," Ruff said. "She was so shaken up"

Boo Hoo.

Maybe in the future she'll think twice about being a wild bitch child.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
The whole education process is completely rotten.

1- education is not just about academic education, involves a lot more, like love, compassion, social iteration, family values, religion or
personal believe system and code of ethics, and yes, firmness.
That is why you have people getting their diplomas but do not have fvking idea how to be productive or work like a team in a company or anywhere.
Also many parents do not have the goods and commitment to take on any parenting responsibilities, even if they are not crackheads.

2- the whole education / parenting is so rigid and overprotected by mountains of rules and laws that it seems conceived to fit each and every
single individual in a 2x2 box, while we know, humans we all are very different developing and have different views and approaches to everything. That is the beauty of it. So this rigid trend might create in the long term a situation where there is a crisis for self identity and uniqueness. At one side you want to reinforce social awareness and team work but at the other you have to keep the individual focused in his/her own individual virtues w/o undermining that natural potential.

3-society lives in constant fear. Fear of saying the wrong thing, not understanding the laws (that nobody does), the terrorist attacks, the economy, the weather, crime, etc... So what kind of advanced society is that? If you ask me we might all be in the poorest place on earth and
be a lot happier just worrying about what we are going to eat today. And politicians all they do is to exploit those fears, whatever they are, to further their agendas. This is not new in history, it is history repeating itself over and over again.

4-What's up with play dates? when I was a kid we used to go over to the neighbor's house, come in w/o calling and start chasing around each other, play with sticks, stone fights and come back home tired and hungry. I keep my door open so the kids around can come in an out as they want and whenever they please. Sometimes friends show up at the dinner table w/o warning. We love it. Very Simple.

We worry about terrorists and the biggest terror we have are the overwhelming unreasonable laws and law system and all sort of politicians and 'experts' everywhere that in reality cannot differentiate their brain from their own azz. It is like a jail w/o bars and walls.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
And if the cops did nothing and the kid hurt himself the parents would have sued the police department.

Get over it and take the hint that your kid is rotten.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
The cops shouldn't have even been involved.
I can see why they were. Kid will not stop being a danger to himself or kids around him, school staff cannot restrain him either by school policy or for fear of being sued. Call cops and make it their problem.

A waste of the LEO's time but I get why the school probably called them.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Salecia had been in a holding cell and complained about the handcuffs."She said they were really tight. She said they really hurt her wrists," Ruff said. "She was so shaken up"

Boo Hoo.

Maybe in the future she'll think twice about being a wild bitch child.
Yes that is true, however if you are treat kids being handcuffed too lightly, then you end up with this (bottom of the same article)

"Annette Montano, a mother in Albuquerque, N.M., said her 13-year-old son was arrested last year after burping in gym class. After more problems, she said, she pulled him from the school in November. It took her three months to get him placed elsewhere."

And at that point I would have blew a ****ing gasket if that was my kid, where is the line? A 5 year old should not be handcuffed, but at the same time any form of discipline to these kids at home is god damn illegal, can't spank em, can't ground em, can't sit them in a corner, you get ****ing arrested for that now.

·
Registered
725 Posts
What is this pair-ent-ing thing they are talking about I tried to Google it and this came up pairenting I wonder if there is a connection?

(I didn't read much of it but the first few lines seemed telling) Kinda funny that something actually came up.

·
Registered
396 Posts
For all those kids that DO NOT know the law and think they ca do anything they want to... New York Penal Law - ARTICLE 35
DEFENSE OF JUSTIFICATION S 35.10 Justification; use of physical force generally. The use of physical force upon another person which would otherwiseconstitute an offense is justifiable and not criminal under any of thefollowing circumstances: 1. A parent, guardian or other person entrusted with the care andsupervision of a person under the age of twenty-one or an incompetentperson, and a teacher or other person entrusted with the care andsupervision of a person under the age of twenty-one for a specialpurpose, may use physical force, but not deadly physical force, uponsuch person when and to the extent that he reasonably believes itnecessary to maintain discipline or to promote the welfare of suchperson.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have seen the positives from the scared straight programs. They can work.....only if the person who is going throught the program is of the mental age to grasp what is being taught. If I was acting half as bad as what this child was, I would hope the police would be called so that they could keep my mom and dad from removing my lower jaw. That is one of the problems with society as a general, you cant discipline your child, but people expect your children to behave? If your child doesnt you are looked at like a failure as a parent. I grew up in a tight neighborhood where as if I did something wrong, the neighbors would talk to my parents and dial in a long distant ass whipping. To say that my wife and I are blessed with good kids is wrong, we have good kids because we both take the time to keep them on the straight and narrow. My boys arent angels, but they understand what the face of death looks like. Teaching your kids how to act requires investing time. Now I would love to say my kids never push the limits but I would be lying, but they understand the simple ideal of RESPECT.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
LEO's shouldn't get involved with kids unless they are committing adult crimes (usually that doesn't happen until a kid is at least 13-14, but in rare cases, sooner), or rescuing them from danger. The problem with our sue-happy society is that teachers and administrators can no longer get involved, especially when it comes to restraining a kid, without the threat of a big lawsuit and being fired. Even though Article 35 grants the right to use physical force to preserve the welfare to someone under the age of 21, it does not guarantee any protection from lawsuits.

I was in grade school just beyond the corporal punishment days (in the 80s), but I can nearly guarantee a spasmodic kid would have been pinned down inside an office or classroom and disciplined appropriately. The problem is that someone can nearly always argue that a restraining (even if intended to preserve the welfare of the kid as well as others) was *more* than just a restraining, even if there are dozens of witnesses. It's a lose-lose situation for everyone.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Part of the problem in society is single parent households. Get divorced, kids want attention (good or bad behavior) they play one against the other, Nobody wants to be the bad guy so nobody disciplines, yada yada yada. I hate going to a store (or anywhere for that matter) and have to listen to some little shiz cry and whine and carry on and the aprental unit does nothing about it! I've spanked my kid when he was younger, and he got about 8 and said he was going to call the police. I took out a suitcase and told him to pack his stuff and get out, he cried because I challenged him. He did the same thing at 13, so did I. I explained where he would be going if he did and to cut the shiz. We all have issues with our kids. Mine is not perfect and he is probably lucky he has not had conversations with the police but overall I think the wife and I did a great job

1 - 19 of 19 Posts