New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see Romanian RPKs for sale and also the occassioal Norinco RPK for sale (quite a bit more $$).

I'm guessing that the Norinco RPKs are pre 9/14/94 and so legal to modify and use with preban drums etc.

Is that possible with the Romanian RPKs?

I'm looking at the RPKs because I like the idea of using full capacity double stack mags and I am thinking that the RPK would be more accurate than the average AK.

Can anyone confirm or deny my assumptions?

Anybody happen to have an RPK for sale?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can use full capacity mags or drums on any AK platform as long as the mags/drums are pre-ban.
If so then I don't understand why pre-ban guns demand so much more money?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
pre ban guns and pre ban mags have nothing to do with each other, they are entirely different laws.

Post ban mags can't be over 10rnd capacity, pre-ban mags are exempt.
Post ban guns can only have 1 evil feature according to the AWB, pre-ban guns are not regulated by the AWB

Preban guns are expensive because you can have things like folding/colapsing stocks, with flash hiders, pistol grips, bayonet lugs and other Evil things.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
heavy, look cool, but in reality pretty lame after shooting a few times.
ive had...i think 3 Romanian RPKs...im down to 1. I also had a nice Bulgarian RPK74....sold that too.

accuracy isnt really improved that i noticed. Nothing noteworthy if it was.
They are easier to shoot prone than regular AKs because of the bipods...longer sight radius is nice too.

That said, stick with regular AKMs, i think youd be better served and more pleased.

this thread needs more pics...here was my 3 RPK 47s...
I refinished one of them as you can see....

And my RPK74...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts