New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I thought You couldn't suspend someone that long unless you provide a home learning environment (at least in NY)... at the minimum you must allow them to get homework and take tests.

I'd say **** no to summer school. They can suck it. I won't punish my child for the PC bull**** of some liberal puke admin.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Instead of copy/pasting the headline, you also copy/paste our comments from the last 20 times this happened.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I would bring them to court on the grounds that they are inhibiting my childs ability to learn over some dumb knee-jerk reaction.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I heard the mother say she agreed that he did wrong and with the suspension. The kid was being a kid. I got caught doing much worse in school and still received no suspension and grew up fine. So, what happens if a student pretends to drive a car down a hallway running down students? I have said this before, all students in the school should do what this kid did. That would make for an empty school and policies might change. To me this is creating kids that will resent authority. This seems like a way to give kids a record for denial of firearms when they are old enough to purchase them. What a different world we are living in. Wake up America!!!!!

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
i really hope that these parents are suing the school districts over this. how can these schools get away with this. i actually think that the news reporting on this type of stuff is going to help our cause because eventually people are going to get outraged over this and it will get enough people to react. once parents start reacting to these types of incidents we can put an end to it.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
This the problem with today society and they wonder why today's kids have such a low learning skills,yes you should punish your children but is this really the way to do it by suspending him from school,I say fine for a day or so but for 2 weeks or even all year this to me is why kids turn out bad or even worse..

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I disagree with the suspension but, by the same token, a 14 year old kid should know better in this day and age that such things won't be tolerated. Again, I'm not saying that what the school did was right, he just should've known better...

(finger shooting at others in middle school is a little different than a 6 year old kid eating a pop-tart or little Johnnie bringing miniature Lego Star Wars laser blasters to school)

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
With the Call of Duty mentality that a lot of these kids have, i can't imagine why someone would pretend to shoot something and then keep score...

Maybe they would have chilled out if he said "Don't worry, one more kill and i get my care package... i'm waiting to use my UAV until recess."

·
Registered
352 Posts
when I was in school years ago, we played man hunt with the earliest version of airsoft guns (28 yrs ago) in school, we got caught, we had to come after school to pick the toys back up. no suspension much less arrested like has happened. we played war games in the woods and in our neighborhoods, nobody called in swat. it seems like 1/2 of society just is so afraid of thier own shadows, and can't think for themselves, that we get this type of massive over-reaction to normal boy behavior.

·
Registered
703 Posts
What action did you take?
I enrolled him in school in NY. He now lives with me full time...He did a "Charles Angel pose" and was suspended. I sent the principal of the school over 8 pictures of my son growing up and doing the Charlies Angel pose with his older sister. The principals response to me was if he is seen on or caught on campus he will be arrested for trespassing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.