New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Bought another 1911 445ACP today, and before anyone says anything(you know who you are)this gun was bought from Gander Mountain and the NICS check was performed there since I bought the pistol from them so everything is done through them except for me having to go to the County Clerks Office to add it to my permit and going back to Gander Mountain to pick it up my new pistol..

I was talking to Chicken Shoot about this last night and I showed him I wanted another 1911 and was going to buy the Taurus PT 1911 45ACP today and if for any reason for those who doubt what I am saying is true(again you know who you are)you can just ask Chicken Shoot as I know he will vouch for me..

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love an "inexpensive" 1911, how does the Taurus stack up?
The Taurus PT 1911 AR cost me $899.99 not counting NY sale tax at Gander Mountain it has the 5 inch barrel Stainless Steel comes with 2x 8 round mags it is a little heavier then my Sig Sauer 1911 and my Rock Island Armory 1911,but I am really starting to love the feel of the 1911's and of course the looks of them,I have not had a chance to shoot ether my Rock Island Armory or this new one but I am sure they will work just as good as my Sig Sauer does,now if your looking for a inexpensive I would check out the Rock Island Armory this is just like the one I got this week.. Rock Island Armory .45 ACP - Rock Island Armory Pistols,I paid just a little over $500 for mine..I bought the Rock Island Armory 1911 45acp from another LGS that is about 45 minutes away from me..

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The Taurus PT 1911 AR cost me $899.99 not counting NY sale tax at Gander Mountain it has the 5 inch barrel Stainless Steel comes with 2x 8 round mags it is a little heavier then my Sig Sauer 1911 and my Rock Island Armory 1911,but I am really starting to love the feel of the 1911's and of course the looks of them,I have not had a chance to shoot ether my Rock Island Armory or this new one but I am sure they will work just as good as my Sig Sauer does,now if your looking for a inexpensive I would check out the Rock Island Armory this is just like the one I got this week.. Rock Island Armory .45 ACP - Rock Island Armory Pistols,I paid just a little over $500 for mine..I bought the Rock Island Armory 1911 45acp from another LGS that is about 45 minutes away from me..
Nice...I have noticed the 1911 platform just keeps going up in price. What do you think about the Taurus QC in your 1911? any flaws?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Nice...I have noticed the 1911 platform just keeps going up in price. What do you think about the Taurus QC in your 1911? any flaws?
No, thats because he got em for LGS and Gander. Online is much cheaper.

Nice Taurus. However, I took a pledge to never own a Taurus firearm. Hope it treats you well.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have not found any as of yet,only time will tell but if it is anything like my Sig Sauer I do not think I find any flaws in it..Yeah the 1911 is really starting to take off in Price take for instant the Kimber 1911 those are right up there in price but then again it all depends what they have in them..

Sig Sauer,Kimber,Colt,Browning and Springfield will be the higher price 1911 out there,then you have some other 1911's out there that are custom made will make the price of the ones I just posted look cheap..

I really think it comes down to your preference on what you want in a 1911,one of the ones I would have like to have is a Colt Marine but they have a retail price starting at $2,000.00...

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Awesome pistol. I have the same one in two tone. One of the most accurate handguns I've ever owned. I think I've had it for a couple of years now without a single malfunction. Congrats! I think I paid $780 back then, so it's not that bad of an increase IMO.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There are several NIB Taurus pt-1911's on GB .com for $499 +shipping. They are the non rail versions, and come in the box with one magazine. WhatI'd like to know is where are these people getting these and what are they paying for them in the first place if they are selling them outright for 500 bucks?
I have about as much use for, or interest in a 1911 pistol as I do a hole in my head, but I'm thinking hell, for $500 why not get it to have on hand just to know what makes them tick. As an instructor in the making, I also figure having one on hand can't hurt from the standpoint of of not being limited in knowledge in the classroom or range to poly guns exclusively.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Nice gun, enjoy.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Nice gun there. I'm thinking of getting a railed 1911 for a nightstand gun, would be nice to have a combo light and laser on one.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have a PT1911 also, and it functions quite well. The only gripe I have about it is the rear sight screw was too short and you couldn't tighten it enough to hold the rear sight from moving. Running the screw down to tighten it would cause it to drop out of the bottom of the dovetail in to the recess below. Couldn't find the right sized set screw at any hardware store so I tapped the hole out to the smallest set screw size i could find. Seems to hold tight now, although I'll probably ditch the factory sights for night sights soon.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
ranger, did you hit the lotto man.... you been on a buying spree lately. ;)

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ranger, did you hit the lotto man.... you been on a buying spree lately. ;)
Nope just have some money set aside for buying stuff that is all..plus I figured I start buying stuff before any more SHTF here in NY that is all..

Do you know can I have the compensator on any of my 1911's?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts