New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
From an engineering standpoint it would be good for a demo but I would worry that the plastic would harden and become brittle with time. Also cleaning solvents would prematurely age the Lexan.

On the flip side, ignorant liberals (redundant) have their butts puckering and in their minds see "ANOTHER PLASTIC GUN."

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
This way you can see why the revolver won't work! Just kidding I had a Taurus semi auto with 1k flawless rounds. I know some say they have issues though.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I don't see the appeal of the translucency but I read that this was one of, if not THE lightest revolver out there. 9 oz; ouch.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
From an engineering standpoint it would be good for a demo but I would worry that the plastic would harden and become brittle with time. Also cleaning solvents would prematurely age the Lexan.

On the flip side, ignorant liberals (redundant) have their butts puckering and in their minds see "ANOTHER PLASTIC GUN."
Glocks I tell ya! They will slip by metal detectors! xD

But seriously, I would need to see how much can be seen. I can see many uses for people that might be interested in smithing, or even mechanics in general.

I'd like to see a transparent Glock backplate, with the same idea as one of those armorer's plates to check the sear/striker relationship.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I don't see the appeal of the translucency but I read that this was one of, if not THE lightest revolver out there. 9 oz; ouch.
Wow, I didn't read the article. I might have to buy one then. The lighter the better in a j frame sized revolver for me (not shooting .357 mag though)!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts