New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a buddy selling a Taurus 856 snub nose 38spl, he wanted $300 for it but he's buying a XDs so I offered him a few hundred rounds of 45acp that I have laying around and he said OK... so any info on these guns? Any experience? I'm probably going to get it because its not costing me anything.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
I would not trade for it. Taurus's are really not that reliable for the most part. If he is asking $300, for a $100 more you can get a S&W for new. I think he is asking a little too much for that Taurus.

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
After a garbage 24/7 PRO I've sworn off Taurus forever. The only problem I've heard about their revolvers, excluding the Judge, was a certain serial number range from a few years ago had finish issues.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I had a PT145 with over 1k flawless rounds through it. Hit or miss I guess. I heard their revolvers are not bad.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I've got a 6" in 357 no problems. Im trading him 400 rounds of ammo for it I really don't think that's a deal I can pass up!

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
If these guys talk you out of it, send him my way. It could be a piece of crap, but for a few hundred rounds of ammo I'll take any gun. Taurus has excellent CS, but poor quality control, from what I've read. So the worst thing that can happen is you have to send it back and they fix you up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts