New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin at a Taurus 1911 in 9mm, looks like a sweet pistol. Dont know much about Tuarus though, are they a good company? I heard that they ship their guns in a cardboard box.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Lookin at a Taurus 1911 in 9mm, looks like a sweet pistol. Dont know much about Tuarus though, are they a good company? I heard that they ship their guns in a cardboard box.
in stainless steel, yes, it is a good pistol - but that gun new will require a lengthy break-in period. be prepared to shoot at least 600 rounds of 9mm to have it combat ready.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I have the aluminum frame 1911 in .45. I like it a lot and haven't had a problem with it.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
My kimber tactical is aluminum framed. I have no issues other than the previous owner using Wilson chat mags and the follower digging into the frame from the slide stop.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not know Taurus made a 1911 in 9mm. Is this new? Go to the 1911forum and look into their Taurus section. That would be your best bet on info.

James
Yeah I just found it on their site. Looks pretty nice and the price is pretty decent.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have had one for a few years, they have been around for a while. It runs really good and mine was broke in well after a few hundred rounds. For the money it is a well built gun. Lots of extras built in. Check out taurusarmed.com lots of info on there about them. They are know for shooting low. Mine was the same way. With a 6 o'clock hold it was shooting about 4" low. Fixed it with a little filing on the rear sight. I'm planing on fitting an adjustable sight on it this month.

All and all they are nice guns and I really like mine. Not that its a good picture but its the one on the right in my avitar

·
Registered
367 Posts
i had a PT1911 in .45. Foolishly, I traded it to buy a Glock 27. I really wish I had kept the Taurus. I had, in about 1000 rounds, not one single malfunction, it shot on the money, and while it wasn't the prettiest 1911 on the planet, it worked. And that's all I really ask for in a pistol.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Decent gun for the price with pretty good customer service.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
780 Posts
You'll want to research that, there has been some mergers/acquisitions and I don't know where the lifetime warranty stands now.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I'm leery of any item that comes with a qualifier like "for the price".

It's either a good product, or it's not... price shouldn't be part of that equation.

In my experience, Taurus makes low end, relatively low quality stuff. If I were in your shoes I'd hold out, and save up more money for something of better quality.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm leery of any item that comes with a qualifier like "for the price".

It's either a good product, or it's not... price shouldn't be part of that equation.

In my experience, Taurus makes low end, relatively low quality stuff. If I were in your shoes I'd hold out, and save up more money for something of better quality.
Your right." For the money isn't really a good statement when talking firearms.

So, putting it another way, yes there are some nicer looking ones out there that you will pay more for. As far as quality the Taurus 1911 in 9mm is a great gun. They run great, nice trigger, tight fit and I love the look and feel of it. Like any other 1911, there are an unlimited number of upgrades to do for looks. If you like the 1911 and the 9mm and you can get one at a fair price I don't think you will be disapointed. One of my favorite range guns.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Mike , I love the look of it , I love the 1911 platform, thanks for the recommendation!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts