New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try an idea for a little target holder. 7 pieces of 1 1/2" x 2' PVC, 6 90's, 2 "T's", and fluorescent orange paint cost about $35. I didn't use glue because I figured if a piece of PVC got shot by accident I can just replace that piece easily so I duct taped all pieces except where the upright frame goes in, this way it comes out and all sits flat for storage. Now just tape cardboard backer with targets to it and wam, I figured i'd tape the backer behind the PVC that way you can see the tubing (also why I painted orange) to hopefully reduce it being shot on accident. I will be using this one for 50 yard .22 targets. If it works well I will make more of different sizes for pistol and such.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Did you get enough paint on the grass? Your gonna come home from work and a utility company is gonna be digging up your yard LOL!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you get enough paint on the grass? Your gonna come home from work and a utility company is gonna be digging up your yard LOL!
yeah that was from something else I needed to paint orange. Figured while I was painting and the grass needs mowing it was a good idea.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
A guy at the Stillwater range had one a couple of weeks ago, pretty much blew out the left leg with the first shot from his new pistol. But easy and cheap to replace, good stuff.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nice think I will make one of these but leave that top cross piece off and leave the sides open so I can slip in some 1x2's as uprights and use this as the base so I can set my stand up at any range. Very cool thanks for the idea!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts