New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jumped across the NY/PA border to get some fireworks on July 4th weekend. While I was there I could not resist picking up some tannerite. I walked away with 4 -1/2 pounders for around $25. Shot 2 so far, the stuff is pretty cool. Anybody else try it, and is this a NYS no no?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Hahaha You're not concerned about the illegal fireworks but want to know if the tannerite is legal ;)- yes the tannerite is good to go in NYS last I knew .

·
Registered
551 Posts
Forum Rules

I would be careful posting about illegal activities on the site. Could get you hit with the ban stick.

·
Registered
551 Posts
My bad, won't happen again
Cool :cool:

I just hate to see people get the boot from the admins. I have ordered online and also bought tannerite from Gander. Perfectly legal for some explosive target fun. Even in NYS.

·
Registered
391 Posts
It would be no surprise to me ny making fireworks legal for a tax kick back.
But yeah tannerite goes boom legal, bottle rockets not lol

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
It would be no surprise to me ny making fireworks legal for a tax kick back.
But yeah tannerite goes boom legal, bottle rockets not lol
I think all fireworks should be legal here in NY. They use the same FUD Schtick tehy use to F us with firearms.

That being said, technically the Tennerite, being a binary explosive, is safer than the bottle rockets. xD

Funny thing is, I'd wager C4 is even safer than that stuff too though. You can light C4 on fire and it won't go off.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Man we have some mad scientists here. Binary explosives. Lol
why forums are great. :)
I think it says Binary explosive right on the jar. xD

·
Registered
460 Posts
tanerite is fun. always fun to hide it behind a target and have an unsuspecting friend shoot the target not knowing the tanerite is behind. sure will give them a surprise when it goes boom

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
tanerite is fun. always fun to hide it behind a target and have an unsuspecting friend shoot the target not knowing the tanerite is behind. sure will give them a surprise when it goes boom
Or pack a few "kill zones" in a deer decoy and put just off the road up in the brush - would love to see the faces on the jackers after that shot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts