New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aim sells re-activated receivers (good quality, same receivers that gibbs uses) I would do all the work except the installing the barrel. I know my way around these rifles (I was in charge of repairing the broken drill rifles in my jrotc unit). I've always wanted a 1903 and I think this is the only way i could afford one.
-Rick

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm about a click away from ordering a receiver.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
receiver: 129.95
criterion barrel: 189.95
parts kit from sarco: 149.95
cheap synthetic stock (temporary): 49.95

roughly 520 plus whatever a gunsmith would charge to install the barrel.

still half the cost of any 1903 I have seen, plus it will have a brand new barrel.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
So, is it done or are you still waffling?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just want to get a quote from a 'smith before i pull the trigger lol, anybody know of a reputable 'smith?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going for it I was quoted 100 bucks to install the barrel and do the final reaming on the chamber.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
remington or smiths-corona?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
For me personally, that would be sort of too much of an investment for what the rifle really is and can do by comparison to a modern gun in the same price range,especially with so much work to be put into it... but that's certainly not to say YOU shouldn't do it. If you can afford to do it then you absolutely SHOULD do it. The difference is that it's something I have no particular interest in compared to something that you've always wanted.

Considering that it's a dream gun for you, and the satisfaction you'll have after completing such a thing, then of course it's worth every penny, AND every drop of blood/sweat/tears that it takes to get it done.
:)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
project on hold due to legal restraint lol, like we all know ak receiver and ar lowers you need to be 21 to purchase because they can be converted to a pistol, but what about a 1903 receiver would this follow the same rules? Anyone have an answer?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Should be buying the receiver by the end of the month, eta of completion is right around christmas time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts