New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just one example of my many frustrating moments in life being a Murphy...I work at a local gunshop in Round Lake, and im currently waiting for my pistol permit in the mail as we speak. Every day at work I talk to and inform people about the pistol permits, sooo....many of the people that were in my safety class had been comming in with their newly aquired permits and I was still left waiting. Knowing any of these days I should be seeing that letter in the mail box with my name on it. So today I leave work and get home to seeing only my moms name on a envelope sent from the sheriffs...mind you we turned in our permits at the exact same time and all of our references had turned in their paperwork at the same time aswell...so I get pissed...naturally, I called the Sheriffs later on to see if mine had actually been seen yet and she said she just had mine in her hand 5 minutes ago and that I would be getting it on tuesday or wednesday. What a mix of emotions that happened in 10 mins...

Too anxious to finially get to carry! only took 108 days...not too shabby for Saratoga County

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Murphy's Law- Anything that can go wrong will. It would be more appropriate in this case: "The lady told me she had it in her hand 5 minutes ago. Right before she dropped it into the paper shredder." xD

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smith & Wesson bodyguard :) figured itd work perfect for this type of weather, next comes the glock 19 for winter :)

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
When I called my County Sheriff's office for an update they told me the same thing - that it was in their possession and would be going in the mail at 5:00. I told the lady to hold onto it and that I'd be there in an hour. Picked it up before the mailman could get his hands on it!

·
Registered
438 Posts
A Local Gun Shop in Round Lake? LOL I've spent so much money there :| Bought an M&P .45 ACP there what, 2 months ago?

Love you guys though, rather shop there than anywhere else in the area.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I cash and spend my checks at the same time. But thank you, nice to hear good feedback, everyone loves the m&p's!

·
Registered
391 Posts
108 days ? Nice. Took me over a year in my great county of Erie over a decade ago
congrats. Happy shopping awaits ya !

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
They must have been really suprised a 21 year old called to check on the status of their permit:rofl:
The Round Lake store is awesome, bought a few parts and ammo there too, congrats to you and your mom.

·
Registered
194 Posts
108 days ? Nice. Took me over a year in my great county of Erie over a decade ago
congrats. Happy shopping awaits ya !
Took me 9 months 20 years ago in EC. Now I have an unrestricted permit.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
A Local Gun Shop in Round Lake? LOL I've spent so much money there :| Bought an M&P .45 ACP there what, 2 months ago?

Love you guys though, rather shop there than anywhere else in the area.
you and me both. haha

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Smith & Wesson bodyguard :) figured itd work perfect for this type of weather, next comes the glock 19 for winter :)
Skip the 19 and go right to the 23. I am biased though. I hate my 19 we don't get along. The 23 tough I shoot really well. Same frame I don't understand it.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Congrats!! I had a similar experience...the clerk told me I could call anytime and check on the status. I waited 3 months and called. She said I sent it last week. I hang up the phone and go get the mail that I hadnt gotten the day before and there it is in the mailbox! Hahaha!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts