New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
4,955 Posts
What bothers me about Gillibrand was that she "slid" into her position when Billary left her post to take up the Secretary of State position, so she wasn't even legitimately elected in the first place. Paterson appointed her to that seat, so she dodged the whole election process from the start. Sure, she won reelection thanks to her incumbent status, she essentially ran unchallenged. I think a decent/moderate level-headed Republican candidate could stand a good chance of unseating her in the US Senate.

· Registered
1,876 Posts
I think it's a possibilty although unfortunately a slim one. Not while she is under ol' Chucky's wing. Unless, the republican powers to be have a card up their sleeve that we don't yet know about.

· Registered
249 Posts
I understand that Representative Bob Turner (R, Queens/Brooklyn) ... the guy who won Anthony Wiener's vacated seat is seriously thinking about a run for Gillibrands seat.

If he can win in the most Liberal of Liberal strongholds, and can raise the necessary funding, I'd give him a better than even chance.

· Registered
2,536 Posts
They said the same thing about Scott Brown not too long ago. If MA voters could put a Republican in "Ted Kennedy's seat" showing Gillibrand the door should be a walk in the park.
And it's starting to look like Scott Brown may not get elected to a second term. The only way he was elected in the first place is because Martha Coakley got complacent on the campaign trail, and he wasn't running against an incumbent.

Anyone that runs against Gillibrand is fighting an uphill battle. She's already established. She has Chuck Schumer's backing. She has the full resources of the party behind her. And she's spent a LOT of time panderign to the NYC crowd that's going to put her back in office.

Believe me, I WANT to be proven wrong. I really do. Electing a Republican, even a moderate one, to the Senate to represent New York can only be seen as an improvement.

· Registered
249 Posts
And it's starting to look like Scott Brown may not get elected to a second term. The only way he was elected in the first place is because Martha Coakley got complacent on the campaign trail, and he wasn't running against an incumbent.

Anyone that runs against Gillibrand is fighting an uphill battle. She's already established. She has Chuck Schumer's backing. She has the full resources of the party behind her. And she's spent a LOT of time panderign to the NYC crowd that's going to put her back in office.

Believe me, I WANT to be proven wrong. I really do. Electing a Republican, even a moderate one, to the Senate to represent New York can only be seen as an improvement.
You're right. Let's just sit back and acceot the inevitable. That's why the Republican Party in NY is so useless. She's beatable. She threw gun owners under the bus. Who's she going to abandon next? Simple statements like that show the electorate that Gillibrand hasn't got any morals. But NY's Republican Party is as useful as boobs on a bull.

Last time around, Joe DioGuardi could have easily trounced her. But the State and National Republican Party kept their funding in their own banks where it did the least good.

Shame on them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.