New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
KNS I believe ...
The ones they make have a push-button setup so they won't come out unless you press the center button first. Just out of curiosity, why do you think the standard pins are "hard" to take out?

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ones they make have a push-button setup so they won't come out unless you press the center button first. Just out of curiosity, why do you think the standard pins are "hard" to take out?
They are hard for me to grasp.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Can't get your fingernail under it after pushing it out a little from the opposite side and pull it out while squeezing the upper and lower together? That's what I do.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I really like the yankee hill extended ones. They are by far the easiest to grasp. if they are tight and can round the detent a bit with a hand file so its tight but not impossible to pull out.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't get your fingernail under it after pushing it out a little from the opposite side and pull it out while squeezing the upper and lower together? That's what I do.
Nope! I can get them out but it is a pain. I have seen pins with a little knurled knob at the end but I cannot remember where I seen them or something similar to that.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Nope! I can get them out but it is a pain. I have seen pins with a little knurled knob at the end but I cannot remember where I seen them or something similar to that.
Have you seen one of those little polymer pin tools ?? They fit in the palm of your hand,and fit in a shirt pocket easily......I have an extra one I will give you for free if you want it,works slick....:)

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you seen one of those little polymer pin tools ?? They fit in the palm of your hand,and fit in a shirt pocket easily......I have an extra one I will give you for free if you want it,works slick....:)
I do not want a tool. Do not need more stuff to carry around. I could use the tip of a bullet also. The pins posted above is what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I do not want a tool. Do not need more stuff to carry around. I could use the tip of a bullet also. The pins posted above is what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
LOL alrighty then have at it !!

·
Registered
416 Posts
If you're using an ambi safety or considering one, it looks like either product could possibly interfere with your weapon control hand and safety manipulation. This piece is intended to help with reloads of CA compliant rifles.

356_3_.jpg

The other product from UAG (looks like budget-minded gear) uses a ring for the rear pin and is located in a spot I would NOT want one.

41cJVZ92aDL._SS400_.jpg

I can't really think of any times where my knuckle couldn't push the pin out far enough for me to grasp the head with my fingers. Do you have your pins lubed? Obviously, buy the replacement pins if it suits you, but I hate to see guys spend money on parts that offer little or no value. The CA guys need a part to assist with reloads; how often do you need to pop off the upper in the field?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts