New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my grandfathers old TC black powder rifle that's been sitting for about 30 years. I'm considering selling it and wondered what the value of this would be? Thanks for any replies..

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
If it was your grandfather's its priceless and can never be replaced. Keep it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If it was your grandfather's its priceless and can never be replaced. Keep it.
x2 ............ you will just spend the money, for what you will get, the memory of him every time you look at it hanging on the wall is priceless

·
Registered
451 Posts
as much as I would like to tell you that i would buy it, i see the sentimental value in it and agree you should keep it

·
Registered
848 Posts
Like everything else, condition is everything. A lot of old BP guys that were casual shooters let the bores get away from them, especially down near the breechplug, even if they cleaned them well. But if it is in great shape, a real world value is $200-250 to someone that really wants one, I have seen them as low as $150. There are a LOT of hawkens and Renegades around. With all of the new generation ML's out there, it's a tough sell to find someone that wants a traditional external ignition rifle. New T/C Hawkens are insanely pricey, but they don't sell many. They are great shooters, why not get some fixin's and go have some fun? They are very addictive to shoot roundball through.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Like everything else, condition is everything. A lot of old BP guys that were casual shooters let the bores get away from them, especially down near the breechplug, even if they cleaned them well. But if it is in great shape, a real world value is $200-250 to someone that really wants one, I have seen them as low as $150. There are a LOT of hawkens and Renegades around. With all of the new generation ML's out there, it's a tough sell to find someone that wants a traditional external ignition rifle. New T/C Hawkens are insanely pricey, but they don't sell many. They are great shooters, why not get some fixin's and go have some fun? They are very addictive to shoot roundball through.
Exactly what I was thinking,a wall hanger or a conversation piece.The thing is these are the only kind of ML's allowed in PA (no in-lines allowed),would be an easier sell there IMO!

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
As stated above .... keep it!! Guns handed down through a family have more value than any other gun ever built!! That's a really good looker and I would go as far as shelling out the $100-$200 for a nice glass front case for it to mount on the wall. You'll regret getting rid of it eventually. Trust me. I've been there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found this forum while looking for a Thompson Hawken. I agree with all that's been said in the previous posts...but if you ever do decide to sell, I would be wanting it. I'm out of state and I don't know if that disqualifies me or not but I'm very interested. Thanks...

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I found this forum while looking for a Thompson Hawken. I agree with all that's been said in the previous posts...but if you ever do decide to sell, I would be wanting it. I'm out of state and I don't know if that disqualifies me or not but I'm very interested. Thanks...
These do not need an FFL tp transfer out of state that I know of!Think these are not listed as firearms as you have to load the powder yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts