New York Firearms Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
I forgot....there is no line just NYC. Everything else is Upstate. I moved here 35 yrs ago. Kinda grew on me. Affordable championship golf courses, great trout fishing and beautiful scenery.

I forgot....there is no line just NYC. Everything else is Upstate. I moved here 35 yrs ago. Kinda grew on me. Affordable championship golf courses, great trout fishing and beautiful scenery.
That was the joke I was implying. (anything north of NYC is 'Upstate') Most 'locals' refer to Utica/Rome/Syracuse area as Central NY.

Yeah aside from the gun laws, high taxes, high cost of living, and snow I like it here. I don't go to bars or sports events so don't miss any of that. I also don't visit malls too often.

FP where were you today? It's me - high speed.
Actually this morning I was at the Lorraine Club zeroing rifles and a kick-the-schitt-out-of-you H&R 12ga. Rifled slug gun.
I had wanted to attend the Customer Appreciation Days at American Trade & Goods in Latham, but I over did it and couldn't hardly walk...Wanted to Ride my old BMW, but couldn't stand to keep my knee bent or risk not being able to put both feet down at a stop....I'm really not old enough to complain about how much it sucks getting old, but it does.
Otherwise I spent the weekend fixing, cleaning, and preparing for Hunting season & Winter.
If you're in the neighborhood, stop on by!

No Syracuse City Onondaga County merger!! The burbs want our Skaneatles Lake water.

Are you asking about Onondaga County approvals in general? I didn't think there was a separate approval for City of Syracuse vs Onondaga County in general? I got unrestricted earlier this spring but live in Liverpool/Clay.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
It's the county, not really city vs county. I have been denied for living in 2 locations, 1 being in city and 1 outside of it. Judges gonna judge.

Most of the residents I know in the city of Syracuse (that rent) couldn't get a permit, do to their troubles with the law, drugs, etc. I mostly know people on the North, South, or West Sides of the city. I'm sure there are some decent people in some of the better areas that have pistol licenses.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.