New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post up the stuff you seen illegal there at the show. I cannot tell you how many post ban AR's with flash hiders on them and the ones with muzzle brakes were not even welded. Also for some reason, the general consensus when I talk to people about gun laws in NY, people think the .22LR is exempt AWB. A guy tried to sell me a Tapco adjustable and folding stock for the 10/22 telling me it was legal and it all depends on how you interpret the law. I told him if I had a pre-ban Ruger I could legally use it but he told me it did not matter so I listened to him yap for about 5 minutes and had to cut him off and walk away. Seen a bunch of post ban regular capacity magazines for sale. Had another person tell me he had pre-ban AR mags new in the wrapper and when I looked at the back of the wrapper, it said copyright 2009. I was not going to turn anyone in because in reality, I do not believe in these stupid laws but for the sake of not getting in trouble with the law, I follow them. So what have you guys seen?

James

·
Registered
710 Posts
I went up to a guy who had just purchased what looked to be a brand new 30 rnd AR mag with orange follower. He told me where he got it and that he paid $17 for it. I went over to the table and the guy had a bunch of them for LE only. This kid walking around with it definitely didnt look like LE.

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
Ahh yes, the normal amount of vendors selling CProducts mags as preban. At least a few sold them for about msrp instead of the $45 on an $11 mag some do. For the first time in over 5yrs I did see NYSP there. All the others at the doors are not police, they are Jail Deps on OT working armed security making sure that guns don't go out the side doors when they shouldn't

·
Registered
43 Posts
I saw a lot of P-Mags and some AK mags new in the wrapping with a "Made in Bulgaria" sticker on them. The usual tricked-out illegal ARs too.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Not sure the legality but one guy was selling one pound containers of thermite with magnesium ribbon, tubs of potassium nitrate, sulfer, and what looked like charcoal, along with all the quirky feild manuals more less bomb making 101 at that guys table

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I forgot to mention that I may have witnessed one of Bloomberg's cronies. Asian guy roughly in his early 20's was trying to make a straw purchase. The dealer asked him if he knew the other guy and he said he just met him then the guy tries to convince the dealer to sell him a gun and then he says he knows the guy for years. The dealer basically told him to go pound salt. I do not know if the guy suceeded, probably did. I got a chuckle out of it standing right next him listening. The dealer and I both rolled our eyes.

James

·
Registered
257 Posts
I saw the usual C-Product mags,,also saw some ACS Mags being sold as Pre-Ban,,,,$14 bucks. When I was looking at them,,a couple younger guys saw them and started drooling,,LOL,,,I said don't buy those unless you want to be a Instant Felon !! They just looked at me and said WOW,,really,,and the seller was right there looking pretty pissed,,Oh well,,don't be a scum bag & you won't have to worry about it !!! Althought it wasen't Illeagle,,the Biggest Crime I saw was some guy asking $45 bucks for 30 rd mags,,they were the ones made in Singapore !! I also saw lots of others for $30,,,$35,,for used,,,,Oh well,,no thanks !!!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Not sure the legality but one guy was selling one pound containers of thermite with magnesium ribbon, tubs of potassium nitrate, sulfer, and what looked like charcoal, along with all the quirky feild manuals more less bomb making 101 at that guys table
Salt peter (potassium nitrate) sulfur and charcoal are the ingredients required to make black powder, considered a low explosive...it deflagrates. It does not detonate, and to experiment by adding ingredients to that mixture without the proper training is suicide. If your lucky enough to escape blowing your self up, you will be bubbas pillow in state prison for at least 20 years. For those of you that think you are qualified to wear the Sapper tab ....please...leave it alone.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There was an old guy in the far right corner (from the entrance) selling Colt 20 rounders with the aluminum followers for $25, not a ding scratch or sign of use, they were mint.

I only had enough cash for one, but promptly sent all my friends over there to grab one too.

Those are my favorite mags, I think it's just because they look better and hold exactly one box of ammo each. Easier to organize.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
I saw a home built "preban" , unknown import "military" ak74 side folder....all evil....no marks at ALL of the flat that the builder used.
seller was pissy Bc I simply asked to check it out. He said no Bc it was so rare and collectible. I guess he knew better. Of course.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Seen a dealer selling A.S.C. LLC 30 rd mags 4 @15each as pre-ban. I wasn't sure of them being legal or not so didn't buy. No markings any where, just the brand name. Anyone know if they are legal?

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I think that if we agree with the laws or not these guys should not be allowed to sell post ban as pre ban, nor have illegal firearms there, anything that could get the ill informed (ignorant) people arrested

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
At a gun show, EVERYTHING IS PRE-BAN! You guys did not know this? I wonder what it must be like in Kalifornia to have a gun show. Probably a bunch of tables selling flashlights and snap-caps.

James

1 - 20 of 22 Posts