New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new here, so sorry if this has been answered before. If so, please shoot me a link! Thanks.

Question: I just received my Ontario County unrestricted permit. However, I just got married and moved to Monroe County. What are the steps I need to do to switch the permit to the new county? Or do I even have to switch the permit.

Sorry, I'm new to all of this, so I don't know a lot on how this works. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

- Josiah

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Hello, I'm new here, so sorry if this has been answered before. If so, please shoot me a link! Thanks.

Question: I just received my Ontario County unrestricted permit. However, I just got married and moved to Monroe County. What are the steps I need to do to switch the permit to the new county? Or do I even have to switch the permit.

Sorry, I'm new to all of this, so I don't know a lot on how this works. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

- Josiah
If you WILL get unrestricted in Monroe then transfer your file, go to your clerks office and they will point you in the right direction. If you may NOT be able to get unrestricted there you may be able to keep your file in Ontario and just change your address. Find out first before you decide. Good luck.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Notify office of address change. I personally know people who lost their permit for failure to notify of address change.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Notify office of address change. I personally know people who lost their permit for failure to notify of address change.
Sounds like you can transfer your permit, but another thing to look at is if/when you move from Monroe can you keep your permit there and change the address. Doing this all depends on the County where your permit is. Some allow it, some don't. You may want to consider keeping it in Ontario if you are allowed to keep it there and only change the address. Explore all the options. Also, you need to notify the clerk within 10 days of moving. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like you can transfer your permit, but another thing to look at is if/when you move from Monroe can you keep your permit there and change the address. Doing this all depends on the County where your permit is. Some allow it, some don't. You may want to consider keeping it in Ontario if you are allowed to keep it there and only change the address. Explore all the options. Also, you need to notify the clerk within 10 days of moving. Good luck.
Good advice, I will give them a call tomorrow then! Thanks for your help! I was wondering if I could still keep the Ontario one...sounds hopeful. Appreciate the help guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts