New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NY is finally trying to push their ****ty gun laws on everyone else. Read and sign please.

When it comes to RAMMING new gun control schemes into law, President Obama believes he has some unfinished business to attend to.

But instead of standing up and FIGHTING BACK, I'm afraid some House Republicans could prove all too willing to "cut a deal."

That's why it's vital you sign the petition below IMMEDIATELY.

As you'll see, this petition DEMANDS your Congressman and Senators vote NO on the gun-grabbers' Magazine Gun Ban Bill (H.R. 308) -- or any similar bill.

If passed, Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy's (D-NY) Magazine Ban Bill would OUTLAW the sale or transfer of firearm magazines with a capacity of more than ten rounds.

Already own a handgun, rifle or shotgun with a magazine that holds more than ten rounds?

You're "legal" for now. But you can't ever sell it, give it away or pass it down to your kids.

In fact, Congresswoman McCarthy's bill would turn widows into instant FELONS if their late husbands possessed a 12-round magazine!

Take action now by signing your petition against H.R. 308below.

Worse, some Capitol Hill insiders are telling me -- should H.R. 308 reach the Senate -- gun-grabbers are preparing to load the Magazine Ban Bill down with dozens of amendments, including the following:*** Mandatory waiting periods and expensive, drawn-out "psychological screenings" designed to force ALL law-abiding citizens to get government approval before purchasing a firearm;
*** A TOTAL ban on all private sales under the guise of "closing the gun-show loophole";
*** A new so-called "Assault Weapons" Ban, targeting ALL semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.
That's why I'm counting on your IMMEDIATE action.

You see, President Obama knows this fall's Presidential campaign is going to be a knock-down, drag-out FIGHT.

But he also knows many grassroots Republicans aren't exactly "enthusiastic" about their candidates.

So even with his approval ratings hovering around all-time lows, President Obama has a strong chance of winning another term -- IF he can turn out his left-wing base this November.

That's why, with gun control activists like Sarah Brady and Michael Bloomberg DEMANDING action, you can virtually guarantee President Obama is going to do everything in his power to RAM H.R. 308 into law.

And sadly, I'm afraid some House Republicans will fall in line . . .

Remember, after the Arizona tragedy how several high-profile Republicans like U.S. Senator Dick Lugar (IN), Dick Cheney and Homeland Security Chairman Peter King (NY) all began pushing for new gun control schemes?

If President Obama has the audacity to trot out a still-recovering Gabrielle Giffords before his pals in the anti-gun national media, do you really believe you can count on weak-kneed House Republicans to oppose H.R. 308?

Sure, some will. Perhaps even most House Republicans will vote to DEFEAT H.R. 308.

But President Obama knows he won't need every Republican vote. He just needs a handful to pass the McCarthy Magazine Ban.

Not only that, but with more and more news reports saying anti-gun Democrats could gain control of the U.S. House this November, many House Republicans are going to be afraid of losing their seats.

Under the white-hot spotlight of anti-gun media scrutiny, more than a few could end up thinking their very political survival depends on selling out and voting to pass H.R. 308!

The bad news is, support for H.R. 308 is gaining steam. In the House, it already has 111 House cosponsors!

Should this bill reach the Senate, all bets will be off.

That's why your signed petition is so critical.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
DONE!!

Fellow Patriot:

Thank you for signing your petition to Defeat H.R. 308!
To keep our nationwide mobilization program firing on all cylinders, though, I need your help.
Can I also count on you to chip in just $10 or $20?
Thank you for all that you do.
In freedom,

Dudley Brown
Executive Vice President

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Beware guys. One thing is to keep tabs on the laws and the other following Dudley Brown's agenda.
He is a spammer and doing more harm than good to us.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Prognosis:This bill has a 3% chance of being enacted. The following factors were considered:
The sponsor is a member of the minority party. (-2%)
A cosponsor is the ranking member of a committee to which the bill has been referred. (+9%)
Just 4% of all House bills in 2009-2010 were enacted.
^good news^

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
ya, I signed the Petition and then got the "Dudley Brown" donate now webpage. crap.

I forward that to a lot of people, it is kinda pissing me off

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I made an account and sent this letter to a congressman on that site, here is the letter explaining my opposition to the law:

Dear Congressperson:
I oppose H.R. 308: Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act because...it is against the Constitution of the United States of America, and members of our government should KNOW this yet still, bills like this are seriously considered by our governmental representatives. I myself am an avid firearms collector, I have no criminal records and I have no intentions of causing anyone any harm, I simply enjoy collecting and target shooting with firearms, I have yet to even go out hunting even though I have passed the required courses and can do so whenever I please. Stop this firearms non-sense, making law abiding citizens un-happy is not going to suddenly make criminals stop committing crimes, an illegal gun will ALWAYS be an illegal gun, and that will only stop the people who are not a danger to society anyway. People who are going to break the law, people with the harm of another person in mind, are not going to suddenly read this new bill and say "Aw shucks, now we can't do this." All this bill is going to do is make it harder for law abiding citizens to enjoy a freedom many other countries citizens can not have. Uphold our Constitution, it is your job.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
sounds like alot of loop holes as far as who has how many magazines, its not like there serial numbered..

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Don't ask me how I know? ...lol... I've been there brother!
Yes he is pissing off a lot of people including the NRA. It is sad how individuals like this are trying to exploit the fears of us to make it look like he is truly fighting but he has a long list of politicians that are buying his emails and traffic.
First he is infringing the law but not having an opt out option so once people get tired of his agenda then get all frustrated because the spam keeps coming back.

As much as you can, try not to mix politics with firearms rights. People from both parties have been using the Rights to bear arms to fill out their agendas and provide the illusion that they are helping but some are doing more harm than good like this Dudley goon. Yes, there are many organizations that are affiliated with political parties that support the 2nd amendment and yes they do help but at the same time we have to keep in mind what other agendas might be hidden from us. I don't think that individuals or organizations should use our fears to loosing our arms or any other fears to support a specific person, party or organization.

Specially like this idiot constantly using alarming words and using incendiary words about any opposition is not going to get anyone far. You see, the right to bear arms is in the supreme law of the land so you do not need any goon or party to tell you if this is a right or not.

I choose to keep working with my local representatives, scope and the NRA and other reliable and professional organizations.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Prognosis:This bill has a 3% chance of being enacted. The following factors were considered:
The sponsor is a member of the minority party. (-2%)
A cosponsor is the ranking member of a committee to which the bill has been referred. (+9%)
Just 4% of all House bills in 2009-2010 were enacted.

Add to that the fact that it's been "in committee" for over a year, and hasn't even passed the House or the Senate, means that it's very close to being dead.

H.R. 308: Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act - GovTrack.us

·
Registered
290 Posts
Has that wacko Carolyn "Shoulder thing that goes up" McCarthy ever introduced a bill that passed? Not all dems are bad but lots of them (and plenty of republicans) are way too out of touch with reality to be representing the interests of Americans.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the heads up on this guy.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

After admitting that she did not know what a barrel shroud was, McCarthy incorrectly stated, "I believe it is a shoulder thing that goes up".

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
That shoulder mounted thingy? oh yes... I thing she is right, they should ban them all for good plus
they are a PITA to reload. I think RCBS has the dies for it.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
[video=youtube;ospNRk2uM3U]

After admitting that she did not know what a barrel shroud was, McCarthy incorrectly stated, "I believe it is a shoulder thing that goes up".
I watch that video every time it is posted, laughter is good for us.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
seriously, has McCarthy introduced ANY legislation that DID NOT include something related to firearms.

Has she done ANYTHING for her constituents.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts