New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Invictus is a great light, been using one for about a year now, really great throw, and those are pre discount prices BTW, need to enter code at checkout ;)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
...And why are Surefire Products so expensive?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ask Surefire, but they are made here as opposed to Olights made in China, so buy the Chinese stuff and complain about jobs in America ;)

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Ah the good old "buy American, you'll make more jobs here" fallacy. xD

I do need a weapon light for my G20C. 1 payment left! Anyway, I'm getting a Streamlight TLR 1HL though, because I could care less where it is made, it's a high (er?) quality product, and international trade doesn't work that way. Surefire prices are outrageous.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
They do make great products. I have a couple of their flashlights I use at work. Some of their stuff I have no idea how it can cost that much tho.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Turning some aluminum on CNC lathe doesnt add up to a lot of labor. Motorola is making the X phone in the US and its one of the most affordable cell phones that you can purchase outside of a contract. Try paying for a Chinese built iphone. Surefire makes 1 item that is priced well. Those are ear plugs. All flashlights use basically the same bulbs, simple electronics and switches. The only thing they probably build in house are the flashlight bodies which are nice but a knock off is pretty damn close.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts